Current time: 28/03/2024, 20:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
(07/01/2013 14:57)R874 ERE Wrote:  Not that i know of, but i was told it is likely stagecoach buses will start arriving at RF and CH before the actual takeover - not for use but so that theyre in place and also to save some space in Gillmoss - rumour has it it will be next sunday.

In the case of Wigan, the Enviro200's started arriving on 28 November so 4 days before the takeover, link below to a pic of the first one arriving courtesy of "THE REAL MAD HAGGIS"....have been past both Chester & Rock Ferry depots this afternoon, nothing yet!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63797212@N0...hotostream

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
This has now appeared on Stagecoach's website, similiar to Wigans

Stagecoach to take over the First Bus operations in Chester, Wirral and Wrexham

As customers may be aware, Stagecoach have agreed to purchase the First Bus operations in the Chester, Ellesmere Port, Wirral and Wrexham areas. We expect to take over the operations on 13th January 2013.

Please bookmark this page, as it will be updated regularly with information on how the transition will affect our customers.

Services

All bus services currently provided by First will continue to be provided by Stagecoach. There will be no change to the routes or timetables. New timetable leaflets will be printed by Stagecoach to replace the First versions and our colleagues at Cheshire West & Chester Council and Merseytravel will be re-printing their publicity in due course to reflect the ownership change. Our website will also carry the timetables and some maps. Not all new leaflets will be available immediately, but don't worry - as we said before, no times are changing.

Fares

Initially, we will continue to sell and accept the vast majority of the current First ticket range. The prices will also remain the same. This means that all weekly, monthly and annual tickets will continue to be accepted until expiry. We will continue to sell the full First ticket range, with the exception of First Month and First Year. Please note that the online, telephone and Paypoint First sales will cease. We will be announcing our own great value ticket range in due course, but due to the differences in ticket machine systems, this will not take place until further notice. We will advise all customers of our new ticket range in due course.

Buses

From the initial takeover, we will be operating a mixture of buses that will be in Stagecoach colours, either new, or transferred in from elsewhere. We will also be operating a number of the current First vehicles and these will appear in the existing First colours, but with Stagecoach names, until our programme to repaint buses is completed.

Keeping you in the loop...

We appreciate that the change of ownership may cause some concern for customers. As a result, we will do our best to keep everybody in the loop by uploading material to this website, placing posters on buses and producing printed material that will be available on buses and from outlets in the area. Our 'Customer Services' section of the website contains contact details in case you need to ask a question.

We will be uploading a PDF of the first edition of our 'Keeping you in the loop' newsletter very soon and copies will be available on buses after the takeover.

More information will be posted during as things move on, so don't forget to check back regularly.

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
I can confirm that there will be bus movements in Chester on saturday evening with stagecoach buses being delivered by drivers and old first group buses being shipped out to Liverpool.

There will be 6 new buses for Chester depot and 9 new buses for rockferry depot.

I have also been told by engineering staff, the sightseeing buses are being removed from all depots by city sightseeing tours as per stagecoach instructions also told Stagecoach are ordering new sightseeing buses for use in Chester.
If Wigan is anything to go by, expect First tickets to last until mid February and any route/timetable changes to take place some time after mid April.
(08/01/2013 18:53)bluebird bus driver Wrote:  I can confirm that there will be bus movements in Chester on saturday evening with stagecoach buses being delivered by drivers and old first group buses being shipped out to Liverpool.

There will be 6 new buses for Chester depot and 9 new buses for rockferry depot.

I have also been told by engineering staff, the sightseeing buses are being removed from all depots by city sightseeing tours as per stagecoach instructions also told Stagecoach are ordering new sightseeing buses for use in Chester.

Are the buses that are being shipped out to liverpool being repainted and expected back to Chester and Rockferry?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(08/01/2013 18:53)bluebird bus driver Wrote:  I have also been told by engineering staff, the sightseeing buses are being removed from all depots by city sightseeing tours as per stagecoach instructions also told Stagecoach are ordering new sightseeing buses for use in Chester.

London Trident's. 2 are at Lillyhall now for conversion with more to follow, I can't remember the numbers of the 2 that came up but they're Y reg's.
17455 and 17470 so far.
(07/01/2013 13:22)chester285 Wrote:  leaving just N536 LHG and P548 EFL to cover school services,

These are due to be number 16197 & 16548 by Stagecoach.

Also the recently transferred Volvo B7TL's from Yorkshire are due to be numbered 16960-16965 by Stagecoach.
The P MPUs that moved to Bolton the other day picked up by PVS this morning.

Luke

I am no longer active on this forum.
another update today all wrexham yellow school buses will be getting all first bus decals removed on friday evening after school and college runs.

according to fitters 3 new sightseeing buses are being manufactured in carlisle.

not sure what is happening with old stock going to liverpool but will find out more information.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)