Current time: 25/04/2024, 04:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
may i point out buses are sometimes driven there, i seen an ex london dart driven there on my only visit to barnsley and one of the scania ultralows from arriva st helens was also driven down

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/01/2013 18:13)bolton bus basher Wrote:  may i point out buses are sometimes driven there, i seen an ex london dart driven there on my only visit to barnsley and one of the scania ultralows from arriva st helens was also driven down

Yes they are sometimes, but i doubt it would be driven up on a day the scrap yard isnt actually open - then again taking a P MPU that far would take a good few decades so it might arrive on a day Barnsley is open.. Wink

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
(06/01/2013 17:57)R874 ERE Wrote:  
(06/01/2013 16:40)chester285 Wrote:  While i was in Chester this afternoon I took a walk to First Chester and it looks as if the mpu's and JBVare about to depart for scrap, instead of being parked up adjacent to the washer as I was there one of the MPU's was driven out heading down the ringroad towards the bingo hall, if they are heaing for scrap would they of not been towed?

Maybe it was on a hire or something? I know theyve been moved ready for the scrap man, but they get picked up by the red PVS wrecker usually when they go for scrap- and as far as i know the scrap man isnt open on weekends - unusual!

I would'nt of thought it would of been on hire, by the state of them, for where they were positioned i would guess that it will be tomorrow that they do depart, i'm hoping to be in chester first thing to see if any further movements are made, incidently on one of the blog sights, someone mentioned that two Olympians from Rockferry were on trade plates earlier today

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Another possible reason could be purchase..

I did email the Bromley Bus Preservation group a while back as they have a collection of old London Buses and have a particular liking for capital citybus... I did ask if they knew about the P MPUs and if they where planning on getting one.

The reponse I got was
Quote:"we are already on to it as a couple of our lads have one in mind. We have been offered them one by one as they've been disposed of. "

So who knows, 1 of them could be heading down south for preservation.. although saying that, they could take 2! Theyve not long acquired S215 LLO, but they decided to get S218 LLO as well because 'it would be rude to separate them'..

Just a thought!

R116GSF has transferred to First Eastern.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
Regarding the 2 P MPUs on trade plates yesterday.. ive just been tagged in a photo on flickr by a friend. 34236,237 have moved into a large yard along with 2 other MPUs - one appears to be 34228. 60113 is also there along with a P-ULE dennis arrow and solo 40683- Also a photo of R871 ERE over a pit with '36 Bolton via Swinton'.

Maybe somebody can identify the location, perhaps somewhere in Manchester, certainly not Rock Ferry or Chester.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68052653@N0...otostream/

Presumably all moved into temporary storage to make space for stagecoach arrivals. Id imagine 60114,60139 and the other scrappers have left too.

Luke

P-MPU and JBV Olypmians have all left Chester leaving just N536 LHG and P548 EFL to cover school services,

(07/01/2013 13:19)R874 ERE Wrote:  Regarding the 2 P MPUs on trade plates yesterday.. ive just been tagged in a photo on flickr by a friend. 34236,237 have moved into a large yard along with 2 other MPUs - one appears to be 34228. 60113 is also there along with a P-ULE dennis arrow and solo 40683- Also a photo of R871 ERE over a pit with '36 Bolton via Swinton'.

Maybe somebody can identify the location, perhaps somewhere in Manchester, certainly not Rock Ferry or Chester.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68052653@N0...otostream/

Presumably all moved into temporary storage to make space for stagecoach arrivals. Id imagine 60114,60139 and the other scrappers have left too.

Luke

That's Bolton depot where I've read a number turned up yesterday from CH and RF. These are obviously not been included in the deal.
They are all withdrawn from fleet (well where atleast, except 60105) so id imagine theyve been moved to make space for stagecoach buses arriving - no doubt barnsley will be down shortly to collect most of them!

Has there actually been a date set, rumour has it, its sunday but theres no announcement or press releases like with wigan

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)