Current time: 16/04/2024, 19:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
(20/03/2019 15:16)mikestone Wrote:  Doesn't seem much point going competetive if they are going to have gaps at school time?
No, I don’t mean taking buses out for schools but more like how Halton Transport do their schools so that where possible, the school buses can work onto the service. Halton has the 62 and 200 worked around schools it just helps keep PVR that little bit lower. Saves a lot on costs. You can compete while working with schools. Fairbrother’s did it for a long time.

(20/03/2019 18:32)Valandil Wrote:  Currently the 32X interworks with the schools 265, so I can see the 33 interworking with the 265 after the changes.
Warrington themselves call it a "shopper bus", which would probably only operate between around 9:30 and 14:30.
Less certain, but one of the vehicles going to Halton Lea could possibly interwork with a 70 or a Priestley College run too, but we'll see.
Don’t forget the Ombudsman service as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It seems the new 33 will be Thursday only.
Details of the April service changes:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...ce-changes

So the quarter-hourly 32 to Widnes will be the 'Blueline' - raises the question whether other routes will also get colours in the future, a bit like Leeds.
I do think it would be useful if the journeys which went around the Penketh estates had a different number, like 32A or even 31 as the current 31 is being axed, to differentiate between the two routes.
Could this route be a possible use for some of the new Enviros?

The service to Lingley Green continues to decline, with the 15 being axed and Warrington operating a revised service 14.

I'm really quite sceptical about the 20 and 21 running every 12/13 minutes on Saturdays ... better to be every 15 minutes than such a strange interval.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like Halton's 62 from Warrington to Halton Lea will be reduced to run every hour and Warrington will also run every hour.
It would be nice if they could agree to accept each other's tickets like on many QBP's but wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm glad they have published some details a reasonable amount of time before the changes are to take place.
Interesting to see how the bigger buses on the 22 cope on the Haydock and Ashton estates.
(29/03/2019 18:06)jcksmnr Wrote:  Interesting to see how the bigger buses on the 22 cope on the Haydock and Ashton estates.

Yes, there is a bit of a tight squeeze on the revised 14 too, around Withycombe Road, but good to have buses serving that area again.
(29/03/2019 16:49)Valandil Wrote:  I'm really quite sceptical about the 20 and 21 running every 12/13 minutes on Saturdays ... better to be every 15 minutes than such a strange interval.
Every 12 minutes makes sense (every 6 combined) but 13 is a bit daft in my opinion.

(29/03/2019 18:19)Valandil Wrote:  Yes, there is a bit of a tight squeeze on the revised 14 too, around Withycombe Road, but good to have buses serving that area again.
That part is only until Stocks Lane opens from what the news page says. I think it must be a long term diversion sort of thing.
(29/03/2019 16:49)Valandil Wrote:  Details of the April service changes:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...ce-changes

So the quarter-hourly 32 to Widnes will be the 'Blueline' - raises the question whether other routes will also get colours in the future, a bit like Leeds.
I do think it would be useful if the journeys which went around the Penketh estates had a different number, like 32A or even 31 as the current 31 is being axed, to differentiate between the two routes.
Could this route be a possible use for some of the new Enviros?

The service to Lingley Green continues to decline, with the 15 being axed and Warrington operating a revised service 14.

I'm really quite sceptical about the 20 and 21 running every 12/13 minutes on Saturdays ... better to be every 15 minutes than such a strange interval.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like Halton's 62 from Warrington to Halton Lea will be reduced to run every hour and Warrington will also run every hour.
It would be nice if they could agree to accept each other's tickets like on many QBP's but wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm glad they have published some details a reasonable amount of time before the changes are to take place.

Which new Enviros would they be? At the moment, as far as I am aware, no new Enviros are expected anytime soon. The 32 service running to Widnes I think will do quite well as I am sure prices will be more than competitive with what Arriva currently offer. The 62 service will be interesting, do Arriva Runcorn have any plans to scrap the X30 between Runcorn and Warrington?
(29/03/2019 18:41)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Which new Enviros would they be? At the moment, as far as I am aware, no new Enviros are expected anytime soon. The 32 service running to Widnes I think will do quite well as I am sure prices will be more than competitive with what Arriva currently offer. The 62 service will be interesting, do Arriva Runcorn have any plans to scrap the X30 between Runcorn and Warrington?

I'm thinking of 209 - 213 (the non-Cheshire Cat-branded Enviros).
Who knows, maybe there will even be special 'Blueline' branding in time??

While it is definitely good news for passengers, I am surprised that Warrington will be operating into Widnes every 15 minutes, as that matches Arriva's frequency and they may well react in some way in time.
(29/03/2019 19:15)Valandil Wrote:  I'm thinking of 209 - 213 (the non-Cheshire Cat-branded Enviros).
Who knows, maybe there will even be special 'Blueline' branding in time??

While it is definitely good news for passengers, I am surprised that Warrington will be operating into Widnes every 15 minutes, as that matches Arriva's frequency and they may well react in some way in time.

Ahh sorry Valandi I misunderstood, I thought that you were referring to a new batch of Enviros. As I said, as far as I am aware, no further new Enviros are on the cards at this moment. I think that we are basically filling the gap left by Link Network. Warrington citizens will no longer need to buy separate tickets to get to Widnes, they can now simply buy a Warringtons Own Buses Day Rover, I think it will work out quite well. I think (let’s say) the older Warrington generation are quite loyal to its municipal bus company so will continue to use the 32 service to Widnes rather than use Arriva..
(29/03/2019 19:48)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Ahh sorry Valandi I misunderstood, I thought that you were referring to a new batch of Enviros. As I said, as far as I am aware, no further new Enviros are on the cards at this moment. I think that we are basically filling the gap left by Link Network. Warrington citizens will no longer need to buy separate tickets to get to Widnes, they can now simply buy a Warringtons Own Buses Day Rover, I think it will work out quite well. I think (let’s say) the older Warrington generation are quite loyal to its municipal bus company so will continue to use the 32 service to Widnes rather than use Arriva..
WOB were trying to get Link Network out with the 32X. It isn't plugging a gap, it was competing for them to drop the route and then they can take the passengers.

I wouldn't say people are loyal to WOB. It's more they are the only option. The majority of pass holders are 'first bus' people. Paying passengers are always ranting on the Guardian about WOB but may chose to travel on the basis of the through tickets.

To be completely honest, if there was alternatives in most of Warrington, I think people would use them. As people did with Fairbrothers.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)