Current time: 19/04/2024, 22:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
(19/03/2019 17:00)darylyates17 Wrote:  I wouldnt be surprised if most if not all of the Cadets/Merits get replaced by them

Eventually yes - but I'd be surprised if any Cadets are withdrawn this year with the extra services starting next month
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/03/2019 16:35)Y474 KNF Wrote:  The Enviro200s are very popular from what I understand

Yes the passengers certainly like them...
Registered on VOSA is a 33 from Warrington to Gemini Retail Park with a start date of 29th April

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/03/2019 18:27)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Yes the passengers certainly like them...

Given the Cadets don't have quiet engines, are getting on and have limited leg room it would be surprising if new buses with a better than average interior didn't go down well.
(19/03/2019 19:44)knutstransport Wrote:  Given the Cadets don't have quiet engines, are getting on and have limited leg room it would be surprising if new buses with a better than average interior didn't go down well.

From a drivers point of view, we love the Cadets. They are comfortable, spacious and give an excellent ride. Yes they are getting a bit tired now in fairness but it will be a sad day when the last example leaves the fleet...
(19/03/2019 17:10)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Eventually yes - but I'd be surprised if any Cadets are withdrawn this year with the extra services starting next month

That all depends how many they have ordered,
(19/03/2019 17:10)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Eventually yes - but I'd be surprised if any Cadets are withdrawn this year with the extra services starting next month
WOB has quite a few schools buses so I would guess that where possible they will try to time things up to work with the schools.
I can't see the PVR going up much. Expecially now they have the Fairbrothers schools stuff as well as the Lymm High and new Merseytravel stuff.
(20/03/2019 08:50)iMarkeh Wrote:  WOB has quite a few schools buses so I would guess that where possible they will try to time things up to work with the schools.
I can't see the PVR going up much. Expecially now they have the Fairbrothers schools stuff as well as the Lymm High and new Merseytravel stuff.

Doesn't seem much point going competetive if they are going to have gaps at school time?
(20/03/2019 08:50)iMarkeh Wrote:  WOB has quite a few schools buses so I would guess that where possible they will try to time things up to work with the schools.

I don't see that happening personally
Currently the 32X interworks with the schools 265, so I can see the 33 interworking with the 265 after the changes.
Warrington themselves call it a "shopper bus", which would probably only operate between around 9:30 and 14:30.
Less certain, but one of the vehicles going to Halton Lea could possibly interwork with a 70 or a Priestley College run too, but we'll see.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)