Current time: 20/04/2024, 00:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(01/06/2018 21:58)CTL45 Wrote:  They have registered to operate between Ellesmere Port and Rivacre only as service 7. Service 6 is increasing frequency to every 20 mins. Higher Kinnerton is a minor timing change.

Oooh. Any ideas on frequency for the 7 and which depot will run it? Will the 7 and 6 interwork or remain standalone? I ask because the 7 has a 35 min running time for that section which could mean a lot of dead time. I can't wait to see it when there is a breakdown and the darts come out. Can you imagine the darts around Naylor Place with all the cars parked on the roundabout.

It's a shame Stagecoach can't link the 61, 62 and 63 to make a better timetable for everyone. CWaCC think the FCC money won't be around for long so won't allow it to become a through route again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Oh well i had a surprise on the way into work today.

A standard stagecoach liveried single decker on the service 1 at approx 09.30 at Bromborough Cross , i had to make a double take because its been so long since i have seen a standard liveried vehicle on that service be it single or double.
(02/06/2018 10:41)wirralbus Wrote:  Oh well i had a surprise on the way into work today.

A standard stagecoach liveried single decker on the service 1 at approx 09.30 at Bromborough Cross , i had to make a double take because its been so long since i have seen a standard liveried vehicle on that service be it single or double.

The bus you saw on the 1 might have been 24155 as i saw that myself in chester bus station this morning.

Chester's buses are getting sent to gillmoss for MOT'S i think now as we don't have the facility at chester. 26062 was back at chester today.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(02/06/2018 10:41)wirralbus Wrote:  Oh well i had a surprise on the way into work today.

It's rare to see a non-gold vehicle on the 1, but I have seen the occasional one out & about in recent months.
(02/06/2018 00:17)iMarkeh Wrote:  Oooh. Any ideas on frequency for the 7 and which depot will run it? Will the 7 and 6 interwork or remain standalone? I ask because the 7 has a 35 min running time for that section which could mean a lot of dead time. I can't wait to see it when there is a breakdown and the darts come out. Can you imagine the darts around Naylor Place with all the cars parked on the roundabout.

It's a shame Stagecoach can't link the 61, 62 and 63 to make a better timetable for everyone. CWaCC think the FCC money won't be around for long so won't allow it to become a through route again.

Every 30 mins. Run from RF.
Sure makes me overly happy that I am no longer a bus driver.

All these route changes would **** me off.

I don't and probably never will understand why companies are constantly messing around with routes instead of possibly introducing a new route and acquiring vehicles to run them even if it means using older vehicles once they have been properly fixed and if necessary a refurb inside.
I agree chopping and changing is not good for the consumer (the public) some companies do have a tendency to change quite often , sometimes leaving a route for a shortwhile will let the company see if there is any growth prospects.

X8 is one of them routes it started off slowly and now its gone from a single deck route to a double deck route as the patronage has increased with a tinker here and there for reliability but nothing much else.

Stagecoach shows how it can be done and persevere's when others may have given up.
(03/06/2018 07:11)wirralbus Wrote:  I agree chopping and changing is not good for the consumer (the public) some companies do have a tendency to change quite often , sometimes leaving a route for a shortwhile will let the company see if there is any growth prospects.

X8 is one of them routes it started off slowly and now its gone from a single deck route to a double deck route as the patronage has increased with a tinker here and there for reliability but nothing much else.

Stagecoach shows how it can be done and persevere's when others may have given up.

I agree. Chopping and changing routes, route numbers and timings doesn't help drivers or passenger/customers/consumers. Prior to deregulation, this was almost unheard of and routes and times were almost set in stone but in the subsequent two decades even enthusiasts found it impossible to keep up with the almost weekly changes as the myriad of bus operators tried to attract an ever decreasing number of potential passengers/customers/consumers. Unlike small operators in the past, Stagecoach is big enough to absorb initial loses with the expectation that organic growth will eventually pay dividends. The X2 (Liverpool- Preston) is a perfect example of this.
That X2 is a prime example, started off with mid life to elderly Plaxton premieres and Olympians, then got brand new buses which themselves have been replaced recently. This will be a route that has really grown.
(03/06/2018 07:11)wirralbus Wrote:  I agree chopping and changing is not good for the consumer (the public) some companies do have a tendency to change quite often , sometimes leaving a route for a shortwhile will let the company see if there is any growth prospects.

The X8 isn't a good example. The faster it is, the more people it gets. They threw it into Chester Zoo far too quickly which now adds on too much time and all the early/late trips pick up/drop off not a sole. It is ridiculous. The X8 was meant to compete with trains originally but all the reliability measures and the Zoo have added far too much time to it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)