Current time: 19/04/2024, 06:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(29/05/2018 10:31)MTL0201 Wrote:  M53 is shut between Bebington & Eastham, buses are being delayed, X8 up to 30 minute delays with diversion routes gridlocked.

Whilst stuck in traffic this morning near to the Rock Ferry / New Ferry bypass noted a gold single decker on a 42 service.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Just to correct a sadly incorrect assumption from a few on here. The 10 plate coastliner deckers are for Gillmoss, not Rock Ferry. 1 not seeing deckers till next year at least.
Where did you hear this? You might want to inform management at rockferry
Apparently its the ex Oxford Gold's that are supposedly coming to Rock Ferry for 1s from what I've heard and not the ex Coastliner ones that have recently arrived at Gillmoss, the ones recently arrived at Gillmoss are supposedly for their 10A service.
At this rate the company will have a surplus of single deckers.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(31/05/2018 06:18)M60lad Wrote:  Apparently its the ex Oxford Gold's that are supposedly coming to Rock Ferry for 1s from what I've heard and not the ex Coastliner ones that have recently arrived at Gillmoss, the ones recently arrived at Gillmoss are supposedly for their 10A service.

Would make sense - the Oxford Golds are well due replacement (Witney S1/S2 batch), and it makes no sense to downgrade the route.

(31/05/2018 07:20)childwallblues Wrote:  At this rate the company will have a surplus of single deckers.

They'll probably ship them off to areas needing newer single deckers - North East, East Midlands and West could take them?
(31/05/2018 08:03)busesdotorg1920x Wrote:  Would make sense - the Oxford Golds are well due replacement (Witney S1/S2 batch), and it makes no sense to downgrade the route.

They'll probably ship them off to areas needing newer single deckers - North East, East Midlands and West could take them?

I wonder whether Chester will see any to replace the darts

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Stagecoach have today registered route 7 in Ellesmere Port. They have also put in changed to route 6 from 25th June and changed to the 61/62/61X from 9th July. If anyone has more specific info, it would be appreciated.
(01/06/2018 19:54)iMarkeh Wrote:  Stagecoach have today registered route 7 in Ellesmere Port. They have also put in changed to route 6 from 25th June and changed to the 61/62/61X from 9th July. If anyone has more specific info, it would be appreciated.

They have registered to operate between Ellesmere Port and Rivacre only as service 7. Service 6 is increasing frequency to every 20 mins. Higher Kinnerton is a minor timing change.
(31/05/2018 06:18)M60lad Wrote:  Apparently its the ex Oxford Gold's that are supposedly coming to Rock Ferry for 1s from what I've heard

That assumes Oxford are getting new vehicles...rather telling I think that this is the only forum I frequent with that viewpoint.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)