Current time: 20/04/2024, 01:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
If im being honest i dont think its the Chester depot that needs expanding , i think there is better opportunities to exploit on the Wirral if they had more space available at Rock Ferry.

The Liverpool - Neston run must surely be on Stagecoach's radar when space becomes available. The 487 now looks so out of place in the Arriva operating sphere .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/10/2017 18:51)gka472l Wrote:  37440-37444 have left Chester for Plymouth today, have seen a pic of them (plus northbound 19569) parked at a services on the M42 this afternoon, seems the vehicles swapped drivers at this point.....had a look in Gillmoss about 6pm, no sign of these Enviro400's, perhaps delivered direct to Chester?

I drove past around 6:15 and one was under the caping with the remaining 3 round the back

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(25/10/2017 18:54)wirralbus Wrote:  If im being honest i dont think its the Chester depot that needs expanding , i think there is better opportunities to exploit on the Wirral if they had more space available at Rock Ferry.

The Liverpool - Neston run must surely be on Stagecoach's radar when space becomes available. The 487 now looks so out of place in the Arriva operating sphere .

Chester has expanded to a point with tendered services with likes of the north wales routes, with Rockferry i think the problem is Arriva have a larger presence on the Wirral stagecoach could find it difficult to introduce new routes particularly if arriva have it covered and I don’t it’s in anyone’s interest for any potential bus war, also I think a problem is the lack of space not only at Rockferry but at chester as well, on the latter note has Chester had planning approved for its new depot?

Arriva are the biggest company on the wirral but they cover much less area than they did 10 years ago, they run nothing south of new ferry which under merseybus would of been unthinkable, there was talk of arriva coming off heswalls on evenings & sundays when the wirral bus review happened but they are still going so far, if chesters new depot does have extra capacity then they could take a couple of 2 boards from rock & the 6 port local route
(25/10/2017 22:28)mtl97 Wrote:  Arriva are the biggest company on the wirral but they cover much less area than they did 10 years ago, they run nothing south of new ferry which under merseybus would of been unthinkable, there was talk of arriva coming off heswalls on evenings & sundays when the wirral bus review happened but they are still going so far, if chesters new depot does have extra capacity then they could take a couple of 2 boards from rock & the 6 port local route

As far as I know the proposed depot is for around 54 buses I think it is, as for taking the 6 not sure on that one as Rockferry took it it off chester earlier this year, it would make sense for Chester to take it back

Stagecoach got the 6 after the demise of GHA travel as they were the previous operator of that route.

So in my opinion if stagecoach chester did take the 6 there would be no issue.
I could be wrong but I am told the 6 only moved to Rock Ferry because when the 2 Chester duties for the route 2 moved (to save on dead millage), there would have been job losses in Rock Ferry as they would have had too many drivers hence the 6 moved. I was also told though that it was due to lack of space in Chester. Unsure which is true. I suppose only the big guys in GM will know.
(25/10/2017 23:48)508143 Wrote:  Stagecoach got the 6 after the demise of GHA travel as they were the previous operator of that route.

So in my opinion if stagecoach chester did take the 6 there would be no issue.

Don’t forget stagecoach did run the 6 against GHA but later withdrew it after dirty tactics by GHA

(26/10/2017 01:43)iMarkeh Wrote:  I could be wrong but I am told the 6 only moved to Rock Ferry because when the 2 Chester duties for the route 2 moved (to save on dead millage), there would have been job losses in Rock Ferry as they would have had too many drivers hence the 6 moved. I was also told though that it was due to lack of space in Chester. Unsure which is true. I suppose only the big guys in GM will know.

Lack of space at chester is one issue as they also gained the SP1/2 and the 1,X1

I was unaware of the 2 companies running the 6 at the same time.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)