Current time: 28/03/2024, 19:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(02/05/2017 15:53)iMarkeh Wrote:  Sorry, I didnt explain very well. You were talking about dead millage so I was comparing to Preston running the X2 and they run light to Liverpool daily. I dont know exactly where the depot is but they used to keep the open toppers there during the winter. EPort would make more sense, I agree but with them dropping some routes which make less profit, it should increase slightly.

They are somewhat based there. They have land there and they are meant to keep the open toppers there in the winter. I dont know exactly where the land is but I know they have land there. That is where P+Rs are meant to be moving to there.

The open tops are stored undercover at Rockferry not bumpers lane

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/05/2017 16:08)chester285 Wrote:  The open tops are stored undercover at Rockferry not bumpers lane

I did originally think that but I keep getting told otherwise. Did First used to keep them at Bumpers LAne but Stagecoach decided not to?
(02/05/2017 16:33)iMarkeh Wrote:  I did originally think that but I keep getting told otherwise. Did First used to keep them at Bumpers LAne but Stagecoach decided not to?

First used to have wrexham outstation so that's where the open toppers used to go for storage. I don't know who is giving you information but some of it is inaccurate.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
I have not been in the UK for about 5 weeks now and was a little surprised to find the new Enviro 400s still on the 471 - I was under the impression that these were temporary. Are they here to stay now?
(04/05/2017 23:03)Enviro400 Wrote:  I have not been in the UK for about 5 weeks now and was a little surprised to find the new Enviro 400s still on the 471 - I was under the impression that these were temporary. Are they here to stay now?

They'll probably stay until Rockferrys new 400mmcs arrive later on

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(05/05/2017 07:18)chester285 Wrote:  They'll probably stay until Rockferrys new 400mmcs arrive later on
10881-88 could go to Gillmoss!

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(30/04/2017 00:02)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Newcastle Upon Tyne must be a contender as well (the entire north east come to think of it!)

While I understand that Liverpool is larger than Newcastle, you are right about the lack of First bus ops in the north east. Mind you, I saw a First bus in Newcastle in November 2004! It was a Christmas shoppers' bus on its way back from MetroCentre to Scotland, IIRC to Galashiels. Of course, First have now pulled out of the Borders and Lothians south and east of Edinburgh.
19054 noted back out in Bebington this morning, presume on a schools service, freshly repainted.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Stagecoach Group announced their annual 2017/2018 vehicle order on 13 April 2017 with a total investment of £70 million on new vehicles.The official fleet handbook was published late April 2017 and indicated that a total of 36 vehicles on order will be to Stagecoach Gold specification. 11 vehicles will be Alexander Dennis Enviro400 MMCs with 7 intended for Stagecoach Merseyside's Birkenhead depot and the reaming 4 being for Stagecoach in Oxfordshire's Oxford depot. 25 vehicles will be Alexander Dennis Enviro200 MMCs with all 25 intended for Stagecoach Midland's Nuneaton depot
(09/05/2017 16:39)Busguy12 Wrote:  Stagecoach Group announced their annual 2017/2018 vehicle order on 13 April 2017 with a total investment of £70 million on new vehicles.The official fleet handbook was published late April 2017 and indicated that a total of 36 vehicles on order will be to Stagecoach Gold specification. 11 vehicles will be Alexander Dennis Enviro400 MMCs with 7 intended for Stagecoach Merseyside's Birkenhead depot and the reaming 4 being for Stagecoach in Oxfordshire's Oxford depot. 25 vehicles will be Alexander Dennis Enviro200 MMCs with all 25 intended for Stagecoach Midland's Nuneaton depot

It remains to be seen which routes the 7 for Rock Ferry will work on. Route 471/72 or X8 would be nice but the dark horse would be route 38, where I saw some Tridents on May 3rd.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)