Current time: 26/04/2024, 17:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(23/04/2017 10:18)chester285 Wrote:  Does anyone know what vehicles are going to operate the CH200/200, will it be vehicles from they're existing fleet or are the council likely to provide vehicles

It's the City Sightseeing service.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/04/2017 22:06)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  It's the City Sightseeing service.

No it isn't. It's a new CWaC funded service between the New Bus Exchange and Princess Street, providing a link between the Bus Station and the Market once it opens in a couple of months.

I believe the City Sightseeing service is registered as the 100.
(23/04/2017 14:15)chester285 Wrote:  Cast your mind back to when Chester city transport was around chester city council as It was then supplied the solos for the then 41 to Whitchurch which were later returned to the council when first took over, some of which vehicles later found themselves with Gha

I have to admit, I do not remember that. Sorry.
(23/04/2017 14:15)chester285 Wrote:  Cast your mind back to when Chester city transport was around chester city council as It was then supplied the solos for the then 41 to Whitchurch which were later returned to the council when first took over, some of which vehicles later found themselves with Gha

Indeed as Cheshire West & Chester gave them to GHA for several contracts

YM52 TPO - Into The Port (Green route 6)
YM52 TPU - Into The Port (Orange route 7)
YM52 TPV - Went to Via Travel in Crewe (not GHA)
YM52 TPX - DeeBee
YM52 TPY - Cheshire Connects (Arrived late from D&G)

That was all the ex CCT Solos
I realise that First sold this operation to Stagecoach all of 4 years ago now. However, I understand it has made Liverpool the largest First bus-free zone in Britain. Birmingham still has route 144 from Worcester and London still has Green Line route 702 from Bracknell.
(29/04/2017 22:20)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I realise that First sold this operation to Stagecoach all of 4 years ago now. However, I understand it has made Liverpool the largest First bus-free zone in Britain. Birmingham still has route 144 from Worcester and London still has Green Line route 702 from Bracknell.

Newcastle Upon Tyne must be a contender as well (the entire north east come to think of it!)
(30/04/2017 00:02)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Newcastle Upon Tyne must be a contender as well (the entire north east come to think of it!)

There is a large swathe of the West Coast as well First free stretching from Burnley to Carlisle and indeed westwards of these points.
(30/04/2017 00:02)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Newcastle Upon Tyne must be a contender as well (the entire north east come to think of it!)

Oxford too, no First in Oxfordshire or in West Berkshire (not sure about West Berkshire, may be but definately not Oxfordshire).
It does sound like First Group have concentrated there activities in certain areas of the country where they are the dominant or one of the dominant players.

You have to admit that Stagecoach have done a very good job of turning round what looked like a distressed operation at Rock Ferry and Chester into one that is now looking very healthy indeed.
First and arriva look to be using the same buissness plan by concentrating on there dominated areas and close down anything outside of them areas.
First and arriva seem to have down sized while stagecoach seem to have expanded and seem to be doing very well as they have changed the wirral and chester into money making depots with big investment while first just seemed to run it into the
ground.

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)