Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Link Network (MD Bus & Coach)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
(17/04/2017 10:25)RSTurbo50 Wrote: [ -> ]In theory could Arriva just increase the frequency on the 110 and 329 in effect forcing Link Network to come off these routes due to low numbers?
Competition commission would not approve if Arriva decided to do this
(17/04/2017 15:56)RedPanda Wrote: [ -> ]Competition commission would not approve if Arriva decided to do this

And what could they do about it that's what deregulation was all about,so it is OK then for Network Warrington to run just in front of Arriva

If it was Stagecoach they would have got rid of Network Warrington by now
(17/04/2017 18:17)trixmax2000 Wrote: [ -> ]And what could they do about it that's what deregulation was all about,so it is OK then for Network Warrington to run just in front of Arriva

If it was Stagecoach they would have got rid of Network Warrington by now

I'm saying it's unfair competition if the big name with offers is scheduled to run just ahead of a small name
Not much point taking on Network Warrington currently as Fairbrothers are running on just about every service worth going on
No point taking on Network Warrington as they have the monopoly. Companies have tried and failed. Fairbrother's do ok but loadings are far less than on Network Warrington's services. As a result of the network Network Warrington have and the frequency, people buy day tickets and only use their service.

If Fairbrother's were to run more services across the network ultimately taking on Network warrington, then we may see a bit of a difference but as the way things stand smaller operators struggle against them..
(15/04/2017 22:59)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]That is possible, would be a little tight but its do-able

You see this is the problem. Large operators like to squeeze in every route into every minute hence causing delays and upset to passengers who rely on the service being on time. You are customed to expecting services to be crammed into each other. Yes sure i can fit the 110 into the 329 but why? If there is a delay and had a knock on effect for an hour thats going to cost money and louse faith in my customers. My approach is simple...

On time
Affordable fares
No confusing ticket offers
Hello
Thankyou
Good morning
Good bye
And a smile.
Oh and clean buses.
(22/04/2017 18:28)linknetwork Wrote: [ -> ]You see this is the problem. Large operators like to squeeze in every route into every minute hence causing delays and upset to passengers who rely on the service being on time. You are customed to expecting services to be crammed into each other. Yes sure i can fit the 110 into the 329 but why? If there is a delay and had a knock on effect for an hour thats going to cost money and louse faith in my customers. My approach is simple...

On time
Affordable fares
Hello
Thankyou
Good morning
Good bye
And a smile.
Oh and clean buses.

Definitely seems like a good approach!

Just wondering, can you solve our puzzle about the frequency of the 329?
I was thinking that it would need to be every 30 minutes and use 3 vehicles to avoid idling for long periods of time.
(22/04/2017 18:28)linknetwork Wrote: [ -> ]You see this is the problem. Large operators like to squeeze in every route into every minute hence causing delays and upset to passengers who rely on the service being on time. You are customed to expecting services to be crammed into each other. Yes sure i can fit the 110 into the 329 but why? If there is a delay and had a knock on effect for an hour thats going to cost money and louse faith in my customers. My approach is simple...

On time
Affordable fares
Hello
Thankyou
Good morning
Good bye
And a smile.
Oh and clean buses.

And that is how a company should be ran, am sure you will do well
(22/04/2017 18:39)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely seems like a good approach!

Just wondering, can you solve our puzzle about the frequency of the 329?
I was thinking that it would need to be every 30 minutes and use 3 vehicles to avoid idling for long periods of time.

I can't discuss the time table at the moment for obvious reasons. But there are plans for another service which will fit in between certain time periods. That's further down the line though as we would like to see how this does first.
To my surprise I just saw MX05 ELJ heading out of New Broughton, Wrexham with passengers aboard, just 'Link Network' displaying on the display.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Reference URL's