Current time: 02/05/2024, 22:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
(20/06/2015 14:26)mbonwick Wrote:  15 to Yorkshire, believed to be 6 for Midlands and the rest are unallocated AFAIK.

By the time all of the current Stagecoach order for single decks are delivered (Early months of 2016) not only will all of the non-DDA single decks have been replaced (Dec 2015) But allowing for the replacement of the last few Excels & the odd non std Daf & maybe, (fingers crossed in hope) the MAN 14.220s with East Lancs & MCV bodies, there are far more S/D vehicles on order than needed to just replace pre 2001 non DDA stock, some of the early std Dart SLFs (53 reg) will presumably be surplus (Reserve fleet?)
If memory serves, it was once stated that Stagecoach looked for a life of 16 years for Double-Decks, 14 for full size Single Decks & 12 for Midi/Minibuses, does anyone know if that still stands?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/06/2015 10:37)enrag2000 Wrote:  All the blue Solos (47941-47966) should be in service on Carlisle services 60/61/61A/62/76 on Monday with some of them out tomorrow (Saturday).

Most have been out today and the full registrations for 47941-47966 are YJ15 ACV/AEP/ACX/AEU/AEV/AEW/AEX/AEY/AEZ/AFA/AEB/AEC/AED/AEE/AEF/AEG/AEK/AEL/AEM/AEN/AEO/AET/ACY/ACZ/ADO/ADU.

There are plenty of photos of them and details of the branding on Lee Wardle's Flickr site as well as showing the Enviro200s now laid up::

/www.flickr.com/photos/stagecoachuk/18800678998/in/photostream/
MAN 22149 is still in service at Lillyhall.
47009 has a rear end advert for 'silver...' the slimming company. I was obviously not that impressed with the advert if I can't remember the name properly.

Smile Today is a good day Smile
(04/07/2015 22:12)bkp550 Wrote:  MAN 22149 is still in service at Lillyhall.
47009 has a rear end advert for 'silver...' the slimming company. I was obviously not that impressed with the advert if I can't remember the name properly.

Seen 47009 again and the rear end advert is for 'Silverlink'.

Smile Today is a good day Smile
(10/07/2015 19:45)Dentonian Wrote:  I'm considering a visit to Lancaster one weekday in the near future - as Trains from Manchester will be packed on Saturdays - even if only by Reservation, rather than actual passengers (lol). Looking at the 555 t/t, it shows additional journeys running during "full school holiday weeks" over the Summer. Can anyone advise when that period starts? There seems to be a lot of staggering of Summer hols this year, with a news item on BBC North West or Granada inferring some schools in the region have broken up today, whilst First Manchester introduce their Summer t/ts next weekend, with Stagecoach M'cr following on July 26th.

Also, I assume 15723-9 are the normal fayre on the year round journeys, but what work these Summer extras?

tia

From past experience, former Manchester Tridents in the 183** series are the norm (off the top of my head, 18324-7/75/80-82), most now carry the green 'Lakes' version of the Stagecoach livery.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(10/07/2015 20:45)gka472l Wrote:  From past experience, former Manchester Tridents in the 183** series are the norm (off the top of my head, 18324-7/75/80-82), most now carry the green 'Lakes' version of the Stagecoach livery.

HTH

Staying in Grasmere two weeks ago a few ex Manchester Tridents were noted on the 555.
I did not see 15729 during the three days that I was there.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
18380 is in corporate livery and is based at Morecambe.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
(10/07/2015 22:24)jonesy3001 Wrote:  18380 is on corporate livery and is based at Morecambe.

Cheers, must have been 18381/2 that I saw last year.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
But might be seen in Windermere on the 755.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
Re 555 and school days.

Download a copy of http://www.keswick.org/UserContent/doc/8...on_web.pdf - produced by Stagecoach and covers all services through Windermere and Keswick and thus the 555.

Or rather pick up a paper copy which believe it or not has more info such as an overall route map and the Cumbria school dates - the Cumbria County Council School Summer Holiday 2015 is stated as being 20th July - 04 September.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)