Current time: 17/05/2024, 09:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
(15/06/2015 15:23)enrag2000 Wrote:  "New" open-top 17490 entered service a week ago but broke down this morning so there was a two-hour break on service 78 (Keswick-Seatoller). With engineering back-up 30 miles away and buses fifteen or more years old and not exactly having had an easy life, it is not a good set-up.

I was up in the Lakes last week and waited 50 minutes at Bowness for a 599 which is advertised as a 20-minute frequency. I have no idea why there was a gap in the service but what was even more annoying was there was a ten-minute delay in Ambleside apparently waiting for a driver change-over. In total it took nearly two hours to get from Bowness to Grasmere. The people I was with - not regular bus users - were singularly unimpressed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
There's been quite a high breakdown rate of the OTs over the last few weeks, and obviously being remote from Kendal it takes a fair time to get replacements out.
(15/06/2015 21:20)mbonwick Wrote:  There's been quite a high breakdown rate of the OTs over the last few weeks, and obviously being remote from Kendal it takes a fair time to get replacements out.

If that is the case, would it not make sense for a spare bus to be stationed in the area during the day? As you say, it is a fair distance from Kendal and during the peak season it could take some time to get a replacement into position. When Ribble was the dominant operator in the area, I think it had out-stations in Ambleside and Keswick.
Ambleside is still an outstation. I believe spare vehicle(s) and drivers are stationed at Windermere during high season.

(At this time of year) There's no real advantage to having spares sat around away from Kendal - because then getting staff to the vehicles becomes a problem.
Just mentioned on the news a bus crashed into a house after avoiding a car near Tebay. 17 passengers injured but thankfully none seriously. Looked like a Dart from the pictures but not certain.
A green Stagecoach dart has collided with a car and ended up embedded in a house in Tebay. This was reported on BBC North West Tonight @ 22;35. The driver unfortunately has suffered a broken leg with at least one passenger injured but not too serious.
(16/06/2015 22:18)John I Wrote:  A green Stagecoach dart has collided with a car and ended up embedded in a house in Tebay. This was reported on BBC North West Tonight @ 22;35. The driver unfortunately has suffered a broken leg with at least one passenger injured but not too serious.

Wasn't there an accident last year between a School bus and a lorry in Tebay ?
Not quite, the Kirkby Lonsdale Coach Hire Optare Excel vs lorry incident last year was around Grayrigg.

Vehicle involved in this incident believed to be 34685.
All the blue Solos (47941-47966) should be in service on Carlisle services 60/61/61A/62/76 on Monday with some of them out tomorrow (Saturday).

There is a picture of 47956 on the Stagecoach website:

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/New%20buses...6abb504572

The two Euro6 Solos in normal fleet livery for services 77/77A (Keswick-Buttermere) have now arrived and they are 48001/48002 (YJ15 ANF/AMV). They should be in service soon and are badly needed - one of the old Solos broke down at Buttermere the other day causing loss of service (40 miles from home!).

Open-top service 78 (Keswick-Seatoller) has broken down again this morning so for the third morning this week, there has been loss of service at Keswick.
15 to Yorkshire, believed to be 6 for Midlands and the rest are unallocated AFAIK.

User(s) browsing this thread: