Current time: 17/04/2024, 00:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
All posts on stagecoach cumbria & North Lancashire!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
All 18 Enviro 400's are now at Morecambe, awaiting their holiday to London. Upon return, the withdrawal of most Volvo Olympians, 21007, and either MANs or Tridents will commence, with further withdrawals upon arrival of the 5 Scania Enviro 400's slightly later on. The transfer of MANs to Lillyhall is expected, enabling the withdrawal of their last 3 B10M's on paper.

Bike carrying service X33 will begin at the start of the school summer holidays, running only for the duration of the holidays. 2 Optare Solo's (47019 and 47021) are to be adapted to carry up to 2 bikes. It is assumed at this stage that the equipment will just be standard straps in the wheelchair area.

Dennis Trident 17017 has had a new engine fitted, but is still being as poor as ever, along with much newer Trident 18357.

Marshall Darts 33172 and 33173 have both been under preparation for Olympics cover, and I believe 33171 could be too, but no confirmation of that one.
I had a very good day at Lillyhall yesterday. I parked the car up just round the corner from the depot and flagged down Enviro300 22609 (PX08 CTV) currently in Cumberland livery. This bus was running the park and ride circular shuttle to and from the depot. As we got into the depot, there was quite a selection of buses to look around and after taking some photograph's and having a browse around the stalls, I enjoyed 3 rides to Workington and back on 3 different buses.

First ride was on Leyland National (WHH 556S) owned by the Workington Transport Heritage Trust, a very well looked after bus and had a good run of speed down to Workington. After returning to Lillyhall depot I got straight off this and onto Stagecoach Bluebird Volvo B10MA Plaxton Premiere Interurban 51063 (TSU 642 ). I have never been on one of these coach's before so had to have a ride, as we arrived in Workington I decided to sit in the bendy part for the return journey, I was bouncing around back to Lillyhall with the front & rear part of the coach disappearing every now and again! The third ride was on CMS Cumberland Bristol VR 431 (PHH 149W) Another nice ride down to Workington, as we entered the bus station this time, one of the MAN ALX300's was having a bit of trouble leaving the stand while on the 31. (these newer buses :P) As this was now blocking the bus station up, 431 pulled in front of it and picked up a full load for the return trip to Lillyhall. Arriving back to the depot it was time for me to leave, so popped back onto 22609 to get back to the car.

For my first visit, I found it to be a really enjoyable day and well done to all involved.

A few photo's below.

More photo's including the Bike & ride bus:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(01/06/2012 18:16)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  All 18 Enviro 400's are now at Morecambe, awaiting their holiday to London. Upon return, the withdrawal of most Volvo Olympians, 21007, and either MANs or Tridents will commence, with further withdrawals upon arrival of the 5 Scania Enviro 400's slightly later on. The transfer of MANs to Lillyhall is expected, enabling the withdrawal of their last 3 B10M's on paper.

Bike carrying service X33 will begin at the start of the school summer holidays, running only for the duration of the holidays. 2 Optare Solo's (47019 and 47021) are to be adapted to carry up to 2 bikes. It is assumed at this stage that the equipment will just be standard straps in the wheelchair area.

Dennis Trident 17017 has had a new engine fitted, but is still being as poor as ever, along with much newer Trident 18357.

Marshall Darts 33172 and 33173 have both been under preparation for Olympics cover, and I believe 33171 could be too, but no confirmation of that one.

33171 is being prepped for its MOT at Morecambe, then i think it is going to one of the depots down south for olympic cover.
33171-3 were for Morecambe last I heard.
Hi,

For the Bike Bus 800 in Cumbria are you able just to travel on thr service as normal or is only for 'Bike holders' only?

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Yes, you're able to use the service as a normal passenger.

Bikes are subject to an additional £1 fare per journey.
Had a day in the Lakes yesterday. Did some ale and open topper bashing. The 599 Bowness-Grasmere appeared to have a full compliment of open toppers working. Had a ride on 16294, 16393, 17015 and 17016. The best for me was 16393- its Cummins L10 engine sounded awesome.
Hi,

I am going to Windermere soon, and I am not familiar with the area. Can anyone give me a list of services or any suggestions for bus services to ride/photo?

Also, any depots in/near.

Thanks Big Grin

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
It depends what day you'll be here.
Windermere has 599 (5 open tops Monday-Friday, 6 on weekend, every 20 minutes each direction), 555 (6 Scania's every hour each direction) and 505 (hourly, B10M's but may get a Solo). On a weekend you also have service 508 (2 B10M's on Saturday, 1 B10M and 1 Solo on Sunday, running every 2 hours). There's also Reays 55 service, only 3 return trips per day, 4 on a weekend, with their summer timetable starting (2 buses instead of 1, on a slightly more frequent timetable) early July.
If you go up to Ambleside, you'll also get to see service 516 (B10M or Solo).
As for riding, service 599 is usually a must, being open top. 16393 is still there on loan for now, but will be out of service when 17221 is finally on the road.

I'd also recommend you visit Kendal for photo's, only about 20 minutes on 555 from Windermere. You'd get a B10M on Stagecoach operated 106 journeys, and a Solo or Versa on Apollo 8 Travel journeys (shared council contract, 1 operator from each end of the route), along with B10M's on service 551/552 and 567. May also get a Leyland Olympian on service 530. I'd recommend taking photo's of the town services as well, for reasons which will become apparant in a couple of months. Service 755 is also in Kendal, to Morecambe, and is usually operated by a Volvo Olympian, but could get a Trident on there, and there's also service X35, which is supposed to use council owned Tridents, but they're rather unreliable so could get a refurbished Volvo Olympian or 6/6A branded Trident (from Barrow depot).

Depot's, Kendal depot is in Kendal Town Centre, they will let you stand outside the gate or garage exit door to take photos of the vehicles inside, as long as you don't obstruct vehicles moving in and out the depot. In Ambleside, there's usually something parked up on the coach park, which is the Lakes outstation. A few buses stay out there to start early morning duty in Ambleside or Windermere, to save running to and from Kendal early morning.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)