Current time: 23/04/2024, 08:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
If anything it will only be the land and buildings that get sold to build the student apartments then stagecoach would just relocate to other land with a large sum in there bank account for the purchase of there depot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/12/2016 10:28)motormayhem1 Wrote:  If anything it will only be the land and buildings that get sold to build the student apartments then stagecoach would just relocate to other land with a large sum in there bank account for the purchase of there depot.

As a youngster I remember getting a Crosville from Birkenhead to Chester and enjoying a peak into the Chester depot when it went past. Even then I thought it looked quaint but cramped and I never imagined that it would still be an operational depot almost sixty years later. Time to move with the times, I think.
The rink at Liverpool road was only ever intended to be for local Chester services operated by Crosville, as there was also the facility down at Crane Wharf.

I think the Liverpool Road will eventually be sold - there is plenty of land available in either Chester or Ellesmere Port for an alternative site to be located.
I don't know if anyone has seen, lots of changes for Chester and Wirral on 22nd Jan. Check the Vosa thread for some info.
I thought Crane Wharf was only ever the works?
(22/11/2016 12:51)iMarkeh Wrote:  I am told it is part of an agreement. Arriva would come off 2 if Stagecoach gave up Blacons. Unsure about the truth but that is what I have heard.

I doubt such an agreement would be permissable under Competition Law introduced by the Labour government. Unless, being a bus partnership would allow them an excemption? Traditionally, Chester - Birkenhead was NBC/Crosville, and Chester - Blacon was ChesterBus, both now Stagecoach. Arriva merely own the other former public companies MerseyBus, North Western & Crosville Cymru in the area.
Operating duplicate journies on PR1 yesterday was one of Chester's ALX400 Tridents, unfortunatly I forgot to note down fleetnumber.

Also 19022 (I think it was) was out on 53s yesterday.
(08/12/2016 18:58)mikestone Wrote:  I thought Crane Wharf was only ever the works?

It was for the most part, but occasionally, if the rink was short of vehicles, it wasn't beyond the company to pinch a bus from Crane Wharf for service.
(08/12/2016 07:14)iMarkeh Wrote:  I don't know if anyone has seen, lots of changes for Chester and Wirral on 22nd Jan. Check the Vosa thread for some info.

Would the timetable changes in late January be anything to do with opening the new bus station?
I wouldn't of though so as the new station isn't due to be completed until march, which coincides with the reopening of Frodsham street
(11/12/2016 19:36)Turbostar Wrote:  Would the timetable changes in late January be anything to do with opening the new bus station?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)