Current time: 19/04/2024, 05:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
I doubt Liverpool could accommodate layovers on the 1,2 and X8 - it's already tight as it stands now and buses often compete for space. I guess there would be layover space elsewhere, such as Pall Mall, but then it's time taken to get to and from there
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/11/2016 10:03)Enviro400 Wrote:  I doubt Liverpool could accommodate layovers on the 1,2 and X8 - it's already tight as it stands now and buses often compete for space. I guess there would be layover space elsewhere, such as Pall Mall, but then it's time taken to get to and from there

Maybe then have a booked arr and dep times for Ellesmere Port Bus Station on the 1 , 2 and X8 , with extreme care to ensure one vehicle doesnt block another from the bus stop there .
(29/11/2016 17:24)Lynx Wrote:  As it stands nothing concrete has really been announced yet but the general idea is that anything serving the bus station currently will go from Gorse Stacks and anything that starts/terminates at the railway station, Foregate St etc. will still continue to do so, including PR1 and PR2.

Incorrect. Bus station and Foregate Street are all moving to the new exchange. Argos end of Foregate Street idk but with Frodsham street being pedestrians only, no way to get to current stands on foregate street.

(29/11/2016 22:40)wirralbus Wrote:  To be honest the Stagecoach Garage would result in too much time time being taken getting to and from the Bus Station. Just be honest how much traffic does Chester get on the inner ring road and the Fountains roundabout have to contend with.

I highly suspect after a settling down period , the 1 and 2 will have there layover at the Liverpool end of the route , where possible.

I wonder whether CWaC Council will stick a restriction preventing buses from hogging stops for inordinate lengths of time , like Merseytravel do in there bus stations.
The restriction wouldnt work in Chester because of blacons and theree are no layovers nearby for services which take longer layover. Also would be less environmentally friendly making buses travel further than they need to.
That's the problem with these new fangled Bus Stations they don't make provision for services that are presently able to stand time in the old bus station.

Lets just hope this Bus Station works as it should do , basically the truth will be told when the Bus station opens .

As soon as the bus companies have a definitive date on the calendar for opening the bus companies will probably be looking at timetable revisions.
According to CWACC website, service 8/9 is withdrawn. 5 will terminate at Chester Rail Stn on Sundays and lots of timetable changes to 16, 51, 53 which arent related to brook lane.
First suggestion I've heard that Frodsham Street isn't reopening - I though the changes were "shared realm" and the cheshire website refers to temporary bus stops.
The top half of Frodsham Street was getting to be a conflict between buses and pedestrians at the best of time.

Will in bound buses to the new bus station continue to use delamere street and then into the new bus station or will all new buses entrance via different route.
(01/12/2016 04:16)iMarkeh Wrote:  According to CWACC website, service 8/9 is withdrawn. 5 will terminate at Chester Rail Stn on Sundays and lots of timetable changes to 16, 51, 53 which arent related to brook lane.

Do many people use the 8/9

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Unsure but it must have been somewhat viable for a long time. As First ran it though I cant remember the old number. I think ever since the 5-9 stopped heading to town hall, passenger numbers have steadily declined though I could he wrong.
If you happen to want to shop on the wrong side of Chester that new bus station is one hell of a long walk away.

Gorse Stacks Bus Station to be honest is only just a little better located than the old Delamere Street Bus Station and that was a just a bit out of the way.

Chester Bus Exchange was the closest bus station to a city centre i have ever come across but the powers that be deem the land to be more valuable for other uses these days .

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)