Current time: 26/04/2024, 05:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(16/10/2016 19:32)wirralbus Wrote:  So is the 2 and 38 pulled back to New Chester Road and Boundary Road ?

The 2 is to revert back to its proper route in Bromborough (minus Croft) Liverpool bound,
and follow 38 to Birkenhead via Boundary Road, as i have already stated

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
So sounds like the residents of Port Sunlight won the day.

Its strange that in the old days both the old style Merseybus 42 and 51 both terminated in Port Sunlight , but that the village seemingly has fallen off the bus map.
Does anyone know which vehicle was involved in an RTA on service 5 at lunchtime, hopefully now one was injured!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
27266 was noted by myself working a Chester bound X8 by Port Sunlight this morning just after 8am.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(20/10/2016 10:25)gka472l Wrote:  27266 was noted by myself working a Chester bound X8 by Port Sunlight this morning just after 8am.

HTH

This trip (0754 off Liverpool) has always always be operated by a RF vehicle for a while now. The bus then moves onto 1/2s upon arrival at Chester, hence the Gold Enviro300 allocation. All other journeys on the X8 are operated by Chester garage.
This particular journey became a Rock Ferry positioning journey for the 1/2 when the corresponding Chester - Liverpool X8 journey was withdrawn leaving no balancing work for the Liverpool - Chester journey.
Seen an X2 a few days ago on an SPD. Went past me as I was going into Halton Hospital
(21/10/2016 20:37)telf23 Wrote:  Seen an X2 a few days ago on an SPD. Went past me as I was going into Halton Hospital

SPD?? If you mean Super Pointer Dart you be lucky as afaik Chester dont have any plus I dont stagecoach own any these days bar 2 or 3 as Trainers
18440 has just replaced 19070 on the 472
(21/10/2016 21:14)E208 WBG Wrote:  SPD?? If you mean Super Pointer Dart you be lucky as afaik Chester dont have any plus I dont stagecoach own any these days bar 2 or 3 as Trainers

Could it have been on driver training?
Since the X2 is still a fairly new route for Stagecoach (the Ellesmere Port to Runcorn section), there's probably more need for driver training on that route.
I still do a double-take every time I see a decker around Halton Lea on the X2!

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)