Current time: 16/04/2024, 10:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
I'm interested to know the times when the deckers have been on there, as during the day the 45/46 interwork with 5/35, which can't have deckers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/09/2016 17:22)Valandil Wrote:  I'm interested to know the times when the deckers have been on there, as during the day the 45/46 interwork with 5/35, which can't have deckers.

Well the times I've seen them on there it's been around 12pm-2pm so no morning ones, wouldn't I be right in thinking most morning working on the 45/46 interwork with the 5/35? From observations today the 8 appears to interwork with the 5 in the afternoon. Workings aren't really my forte but perhaps you might be better than me at piecing together them clues.
(22/09/2016 18:31)Lynx Wrote:  Well the times I've seen them on there it's been around 12pm-2pm so no morning ones, wouldn't I be right in thinking most morning working on the 45/46 interwork with the 5/35? From observations today the 8 appears to interwork with the 5 in the afternoon. Workings aren't really my forte but perhaps you might be better than me at piecing together them clues.

So far as I was able to ascertain today the double decker was the 07.27 45 to Northwich via Hartford Mid Cheshire College returning from Northwich as a 46 08.58 arriving back at Warrington Interchange at 09.50. It then left the Interchange as a 45 at 10.03, Northwich at 10.54. It returned as a 46 11.13 from Northwich arriving back at Warrington Interchange at 11.50. I'm sorry but I have no idea what happened to it after that.
It seems that the furore about the new route of the 6 has come to nothing so far:
http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news...te/?ref=ar

I haven't been on the new route, but from Google street view, All Saints Drive does seem to be a particularly narrow road.
I don't know if it would be any better, but it might be a compromise to use the full length of Bell Lane instead, as there are fewer houses there, far fewer parked cars and the 5/35 already get down about half of Bell Lane ... though it still is narrower than ideal and it would add a little bit to the mileage.
(28/09/2016 19:39)Valandil Wrote:  It seems that the furore about the new route of the 6 has come to nothing so far:
http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news...te/?ref=ar

I haven't been on the new route, but from Google street view, All Saints Drive does seem to be a particularly narrow road.
I don't know if it would be any better, but it might be a compromise to use the full length of Bell Lane instead, as there are fewer houses there, far fewer parked cars and the 5/35 already get down about half of Bell Lane ... though it still is narrower than ideal and it would add a little bit to the mileage.

Don't read into anything the Warrington Guardian writes. They are very anti Network Warrington and they sensationalise stories for one reason only....too sell papers and make money.
(29/09/2016 15:19)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Don't read into anything the Warrington Guardian writes. They are very anti Network Warrington and they sensationalise stories for one reason only....too sell papers and make money.

Isn't every newspaper anti bus?
The story it's self is laughable as not so long ago the same rag carried a story about people in some areas being cut off with no bus service at all and here we have a typical middle class street where most houses have 2-3 cars and there outraged that a bus company wants to run a service down thier road 'to save petrol' lol.
As one of the comments under the articul rightly says every car owner that's had to move thier car/van so the bus can get past should be done for obstructing the highway. If a bus carnt get through then there's little chance a fire engine could!
Not a whole lot different from the recent Gemini sightings but still worth noting that there was an ALX 400 on the 45 today.
The latest version of the fleet list indicates that the 4 Geminis acquired from Routemaster are waiting for destination equipment.
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/asset...180316.pdf
It's just days till timetable amendments (admittedly minor ones), but still nothing to indicate what's changing that I can find ...
The amended timetables are up, with the changes being very small indeed.

A Connect 17 branded Versa was on the 19 and others yesterday.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)