Current time: 18/04/2024, 01:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Do they not have the "Irn Bru" seats? That's interesting as they were booked to have them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/09/2016 19:44)mbonwick Wrote:  Do they not have the "Irn Bru" seats? That's interesting as they were booked to have them.

From the pic I've seen of 37443 in Rock Ferry's depot yard, they have the old standard seats, not the new 'irn bru' ones.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
If they are to be used on the X2, then I can see Arriva losing a big chunck of Chester passengers. Possibly another way of Stagecoach making their presence in the area known!
From what I am told, SC will never go in direct competition with Arriva. All current competition in the area is in a QBP with Arriva. Hence I doubt they will try to take passengers. Just RF need the Enviro200s for 41/42. That means 16 need something and it makes sense for those to have darts over E200MMCs
(02/09/2016 03:40)iMarkeh Wrote:  From what I am told, SC will never go in direct competition with Arriva. All current competition in the area is in a QBP with Arriva. Hence I doubt they will try to take passengers. Just RF need the Enviro200s for 41/42. That means 16 need something and it makes sense for those to have darts over E200MMCs

As Chester are gaining all 5 MMCs from Rockferry surely there would be enough to replace those Enviro200 on the 16 as well as operate the x2

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Nah. 16 needs 4 buses so is getting darts and Eclipse. MMCs are for X2
(02/09/2016 03:40)iMarkeh Wrote:  From what I am told, SC will never go in direct competition with Arriva. All current competition in the area is in a QBP with Arriva. Hence I doubt they will try to take passengers. Just RF need the Enviro200s for 41/42. That means 16 need something and it makes sense for those to have darts over E200MMCs

By extending the service to Chester they kind of are in direct competition, even if the route differs. And if they're using brand new buses with added perks for the passengers then they have the upper hand, even if the route takes longer. Obviously, not in malice, but they are ending up in competition and getting the foot in the door more for possible extension/expansion in the area
I guess. In all fairness, Arriva gas buses are better than mmcs. WiFi, leather seats. I say Arriva are better plus their halfhourly so better in that way.
Ex Chester 36807 is on the 38 today and the 3 remaining MMC's have disappeared from Rock Ferry......

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
I doubt that the X2 will win over many passenger from Arriva. The fact is most people will already have Arriva day/weekly tickets from using connecting services in Runcorn/Widnes. As mentioned the gas buses are more than a good match for the MMCs and the earlier and later running and frequency of the 21/X30 would personally for me make it a no brainer to use the Arriva over Stagecoach.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)