Current time: 23/04/2024, 05:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(30/08/2016 17:30)T42 PVM Wrote:  Sure someone said their going next week, just being held back for new Regs that start Sep 1st

I thought they'd already been taxed and registered?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/08/2016 17:32)DK09 GXY Wrote:  I thought they'd already been taxed and registered?

They must be able to get it cancelled if they can prove they've not been used. You'd think that they would at least have them on the odd 38 or 41 service while they're just sitting there taxed and registered
(30/08/2016 18:18)Enviro400 Wrote:  They must be able to get it cancelled if they can prove they've not been used.

I don't see how they would be able to prove that. Nor can I see why DVLA would have any incentive to offer such a service, which opens up the possibility of fraud - surely their position would be that if a keeper taxes a vehicle and then doesn't use it, then it's their hard luck. Yes, you can get a refund of future months' tax if a vehicle isn't going to be used; but I've never seen anything about being able to reclaim past or current months.

As for the 66 plates, I doubt Stagecoach would consider it worth the hassle even if it were possible. Some enthusiasts and private motorists may care about such things, but most bus companies, especially large ones, really don't!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-up...:21:11:116
37441/2 are in chesters yard. Already being moved over
(30/08/2016 19:10)Quackdave Wrote:  As for the 66 plates, I doubt Stagecoach would consider it worth the hassle even if it were possible. Some enthusiasts and private motorists may care about such things, but most bus companies, especially large ones, really don't!
A number of Arriva's 10 plate Pulsars, namely the Southport examples, originally wore 59 plates but were held back and re-registered before entering service so as they'd appear to be newer vehicles. So it does happen.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I wonder what zone Stagecoach will be classing the new X2 in - will that fall under Chester or Merseyside once it leaves the current Chester zone?
(30/08/2016 23:01)Enviro400 Wrote:  I wonder what zone Stagecoach will be classing the new X2 in - will that fall under Chester or Merseyside once it leaves the current Chester zone?

Chester. Runcorn is Cheshire.
(30/08/2016 23:01)Enviro400 Wrote:  I wonder what zone Stagecoach will be classing the new X2 in - will that fall under Chester or Merseyside once it leaves the current Chester zone?

I know the 36 was included in the Merseyside+ Zone according to the article at the time on their website. But it does make more sense to be part of the Cheshire ticket offering.

"Stagecoach will also be extending its Merseyside plus+ zone to include Runcorn with Stagecoach adult weekly tickets available for just £13.50 U19's £6.80."

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Adult weekly going up to £14 next week

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)