Current time: 25/04/2024, 03:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
X1/1/2 timetable looks like you cant merge with anything. Buses are off one of the routes and then straight onto another. I wonder what SC are putting on that route as GHA used solos and SC solos are on 6. I am gutted 6 is moving to Birkenhead as I dont know their drivers and when I see on Twitter any updates, no depot will say about another route from another depot being affected. Like 1/2/x2 had a one way diversion due to works on Liverpool Road and the Twitter only said 1/2 and was hashtagged Birkenhead from what I remember. Why cant SC use the proper # for the area and give info on all route diversions.

From my personal experience, Birkenhead drivers arent half as chatty as Chester. GHA in Eport had their customers and kept they loyal by having the same driver on every day so everyone knew eachother and the drivers were better able to give a personal service and I know quite a few drivers in Chester who are like that. Birkenhead seem more, get the job done and get it done quick so I get a break. Sorry if this isnt the case but this is what I have experienced. Chester has some drivers like that but I like chatty drivers who are kinder and at least thank you for travelling with them.

I so hope Chester gives the MMCs to the 51/53 as the oldies will appreciate it so much more. Plus as an allocator told me from Chester, Saltney and LAche are bad areas especially for bus damage so the 51/53 are nicer for the buses. Give Saltney the darts. I personally would make them gold, put them on 5,7,8,9 then put the solos on 51/53 then keep Saltney with the Enviro200s.

X2 and 36 interworking sounds well silly but good. They just need to up both buses to half hourly now! Just like they were. haha. X2 did so well on half hourly. Why not just up it again? X8 and 1 always get stuck so it just seems useless having a fast bus which loads of college/schoolars get on a hourly frequency. Unless the X2 goes Hope Farm and is renumbered. 2 is stopped at Eport and then connects (passengers stay on bus) for the X2 and run fast. That will make up time with the Port Sunlight diversion.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/08/2016 03:12)iMarkeh Wrote:  X1/1/2 timetable looks like you cant merge with anything. Buses are off one of the routes and then straight onto another. I wonder what SC are putting on that route as GHA used solos and SC solos are on 6. I am gutted 6 is moving to Birkenhead as I dont know their drivers and when I see on Twitter any updates, no depot will say about another route from another depot being affected. Like 1/2/x2 had a one way diversion due to works on Liverpool Road and the Twitter only said 1/2 and was hashtagged Birkenhead from what I remember. Why cant SC use the proper # for the area and give info on all route diversions.

From my personal experience, Birkenhead drivers arent half as chatty as Chester. GHA in Eport had their customers and kept they loyal by having the same driver on every day so everyone knew eachother and the drivers were better able to give a personal service and I know quite a few drivers in Chester who are like that. Birkenhead seem more, get the job done and get it done quick so I get a break. Sorry if this isnt the case but this is what I have experienced. Chester has some drivers like that but I like chatty drivers who are kinder and at least thank you for travelling with them.

I so hope Chester gives the MMCs to the 51/53 as the oldies will appreciate it so much more. Plus as an allocator told me from Chester, Saltney and LAche are bad areas especially for bus damage so the 51/53 are nicer for the buses. Give Saltney the darts. I personally would make them gold, put them on 5,7,8,9 then put the solos on 51/53 then keep Saltney with the Enviro200s.

X2 and 36 interworking sounds well silly but good. They just need to up both buses to half hourly now! Just like they were. haha. X2 did so well on half hourly. Why not just up it again? X8 and 1 always get stuck so it just seems useless having a fast bus which loads of college/schoolars get on a hourly frequency. Unless the X2 goes Hope Farm and is renumbered. 2 is stopped at Eport and then connects (passengers stay on bus) for the X2 and run fast. That will make up time with the Port Sunlight diversion.

stagecoach have been using either 54/05 plate Solos on the 1, X1 and the 2 so will probably continue to do so although bare in mind these are still only temporary contracts and may not be kept on at all, although it does give Stagecoach an entry Into north wales as it has done with the 36 in Halton, at the time when arriva pulled off the X2 Stagecoach were unable to take Arrivas share of the x2 whether that was down to lack f vehicles st the time or simply a contractual issue, maybe by interconnecting the two routes allows them to increase the service to as it was back then remains to be seen personally I think moving the 6 to Rockferry is a mistake as I don't see the route makes that much of a profit, and will incure dead mileage where's as with Chester it could interlink with the X2 like it previously did when Stagecoach went head to head with GHA, if the descision was down to the fact Chester didn't have the room then if rumours are true of an outstation there surely wouldn't be the need now

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(12/08/2016 03:12)iMarkeh Wrote:  Birkenhead seem more, get the job done and get it done quick so I get a break. Sorry if this isnt the case but this is what I have experienced.

Not all of us at Birkenhead are like how you describe us there me and at least 1 other Birkenhead Driver on here who try to help people like you.
Both on the bus and on here!

In regards to what buses are going on the 6 all I can say is wait and see
Just the 2? I did say only my personal experience. Buses for the 6, you will have Enviro200s or deckers. Nout else really at RF. Unless SC has bought the Into the Port 6 solos... With RF getting the route, are they increasing to normal frequency?

6 doesnt make loads of proffit as it is mainly the oldies. I hope SC has a spare eclipse or something for the 09:30s all the old people waiting. So funny. If Tarvin roumers are true then X2/36 should move there so Chester can take the 6 for dead millage reasons.

Can anyone tell me why SC havent reversed the 1, 36, Sp1/2 and X8 around COaks tow Eport. The current way everyone is confused and the route is conjested. Go the opposite way and no one is confused and best of al, it is quieter! I aint missing a trick am I?
(12/08/2016 08:41)iMarkeh Wrote:  Buses for the 6, you will have Enviro200s or deckers. Nout else really at RF.

Can anyone tell me why SC havent reversed the 1, 36, Sp1/2 and X8 around COaks tow Eport. The current way everyone is confused and the route is conjested. Go the opposite way and no one is confused and best of al, it is quieter! I aint missing a trick am I?

Buses for the 6...just wait and see how many times do i have to repeat this on posts no good keep bring that up as no one knows yet!

Cheshire Oaks all buses go the same way around no confusion the 1, X8, 36, SP1/2 & sunday 106 with Arrowebrook all go exactly the same way officially in via the Cinema and out via Sainsbury's
Confusion at colliseum as all buses in two directions stop there. Round the corner people not from the area are forever asking the drover going the opposite way. Like asking for Chester zoo on a liverpool bus. I have seen it a few times.

6, i was only saying what you have. If you dont know, it is fine. I wasnt expecting you to go from 'find out' to 'it is Enviro400' or whatever. I like making predictions.
(12/08/2016 09:39)iMarkeh Wrote:  Confusion at colliseum as all buses in two directions stop there. Round the corner people not from the area are forever asking the drover going the opposite way. Like asking for Chester zoo on a liverpool bus. I have seen it a few times.

6, i was only saying what you have. If you dont know, it is fine. I wasnt expecting you to go from 'find out' to 'it is Enviro400' or whatever. I like making predictions.

6 its likely to be solo or Enviro200 but tbh depends as who knows whats going to happen until it happens
(12/08/2016 09:39)iMarkeh Wrote:  Confusion at colliseum as all buses in two directions stop there. Round the corner people not from the area are forever asking the drover going the opposite way. Like asking for Chester zoo on a liverpool bus. I have seen it a few times.

I believe the present route is the best as it allows buses to be able to service the Blue planet Aquarium in both directions without having to cross any roads , change the direction means they will have to cross roads to get there bus.

I have argued long and hard for the roundabouts to be replaced at the top (M&S) and bottom (Sainsburys) of Cheshire Oaks as these cause more problems at busier times than traffic lights , they already did half a job on the M53 roundabout and the following junction on the A5117.
(12/08/2016 03:12)iMarkeh Wrote:  X2 and 36 interworking sounds well silly but good.

The X2 and 36 interwork so that driver changes on the 36 route can be done near to the depot rather than at Ellesmere Port
(12/08/2016 11:50)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  The X2 and 36 interwork so that driver changes on the 36 route can be done near to the depot rather than at Ellesmere Port

Makes more sense than having to ferry drivers all the time to buses , probably with the existing timings it was impossible to do

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)