Current time: 03/05/2024, 21:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
I have never seen Arriva ticket inspectors before , is it part of a purge on Walrus Cards really to ensure there is an actual ticket on them .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/07/2016 12:30)wirralbus Wrote:  I have never seen Arriva ticket inspectors before , is it part of a purge on Walrus Cards really to ensure there is an actual ticket on them .

Its possible but I rarely see walrus cards in Haydock as it borders GM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/07/2016 12:30)wirralbus Wrote:  I have never seen Arriva ticket inspectors before , is it part of a purge on Walrus Cards really to ensure there is an actual ticket on them .

The Walrus smartcards would have been checked when the passenger boarded the vehicle and placed it on the ticket machine
(05/07/2016 17:07)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  The Walrus smartcards would have been checked when the passenger boarded the vehicle and placed it on the ticket machine

Yes but some cards or some ticket machines may be faulty when information is being transferred. Turning the card round or upside down sometimes works.
(05/07/2016 17:43)RedPanda Wrote:  Yes but some cards or some ticket machines may be faulty when information is being transferred. Turning the card round or upside down sometimes works.

If the card or machine is faulty then the passenger can show the driver the receipt instead. That's why when you buy smart SaveAways it's advised that you keep the receipt

I've never heard of smart cards working when they're turned upside down
(04/07/2016 21:42)Bevan Price Wrote:  Hope not. They tried them on the 37 a couple of years ago, and they were much too small for some trips. Occasionally, there are even standing loads on Cadets - depends if lots of (mainly) ladies choose the same day for their shopping trips.

I suspect they might stay on the 35.
It was heavy loadings on the 38 that had the Solos reallocated really as opposed to the 37. My point was, anyway, that the two routes (under the revisions) would operate along the same core route from St Helens - Eccleston so I don't believe that the Solos would be unable to cope on the revised 37.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(05/07/2016 18:28)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  If the card or machine is faulty then the passenger can show the driver the receipt instead. That's why when you buy smart SaveAways it's advised that you keep the receipt

I've never heard of smart cards working when they're turned upside down

It's possible that they do work, I'm thinking of cracks on one side but smooth on the other. I know half a card doesn't work.
Not sure if this is unusual or not - 677 is on the 34 to Leigh!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
(14/07/2016 13:48)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  Not sure if this is unusual or not - 677 is on the 34 to Leigh!

Pretty much unusual as hardly ever on there except for the odd once or twice.
2579 is back here and is on the 31 today

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice

User(s) browsing this thread: 50 Guest(s)