Current time: 23/04/2024, 16:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Thats how every route should be especially the main routes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Ex-Chester P & Ride eclipse 21271/21272/21273 and 21274 now arrived at Stagecoach. Grimsby Depot. Stagecoach Facebook report just not long ago. Will be expecting more to following.
(29/06/2016 16:30)buses7675 Wrote:  Aye I imagine that is how the service is kept reliable - you may run in late but you can still leave on time again.

Consistent late arrival though needs to be investigated to see where on the route is the pinch point in the case of the 1 its either or both of Cheshire oaks and Chester Zoo and departing Chester Bus Exchange . On service 2 its thedeparture usually from Chester Bus Exchange.
(29/06/2016 18:34)326VFM Wrote:  Ex-Chester P & Ride eclipse 21271/21272/21273 and 21274 now arrived at Stagecoach. Grimsby Depot. Stagecoach Facebook report just not long ago. Will be expecting more to following.
Looking forward to a ride on the new vehicles that have replaced these .
(29/06/2016 15:26)R879 HRF Wrote:  No they shouldn't. It's there for a reason and is an absolute godsend around Christmas time.

Sorry, maybe I should have phrased that a bit better. I didn't mean to eliminate the layover completely, but it could be reduced a little. Agree it would be a case of false economy to eliminate the layover completely or run it down to a point where it's next to useless.

On another tack, I had the pleasure of riding one of the new Chester P&R buses today (the spare was out on the X8). Suitably impressed!
This morning at Chester depot, I've seen last one P & Ride eclipse 21268, inside depot building, 21268 had Park and Ride branding were removed, look like ready to off to either Gillmoss or straight to new home at Grimsby. All brand new Enviro MMC all out and 26062 on X8 to Liverpool today.
(29/06/2016 18:51)wirralbus Wrote:  Consistent late arrival though needs to be investigated to see where on the route is the pinch point in the case of the 1 its either or both of Cheshire oaks and Chester Zoo and departing Chester Bus Exchange . On service 2 its thedeparture usually from Chester Bus Exchange.

It's the stupid running times. If you look at the Times between ellesmere port, oaks, zoo and Chester. It gets more time one way than the other - too much toward Chester and not enough toward Liverpool, especiallyb between wheatsheaf /zoo and oaks, even worse at night as even if you gear a clear run you'll be late at Cheshire oaks and ellesmere port, then only get 5 mins from the port to great Sutton! Usually with a clear run it'll be on time again by Eastham at night. Next time you use the 1 between Chester and Eastham either in day or night take a timetable and keep track of the lateness just to see how daft it is!

On Sunday it's also tighter, which is daft as Sunday is one of the busiest days.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Got on 26062,X8 yesterday,inner was very impressive with streamline look to it with a nice lighter
shade of blue

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
My take on these after a trip on 26061 , good buses , but the seating material is not good for the person who sits on the outside seat , with people sliding on it and the feeling that you will always come off the seat on corners . The next stop announcements where not working on it .

The unidentified vehicle on the return journey the next stop announcements where working .

Also the WI-FI was working perfectly on both vehicles.
Ex-Chester P&R Eclipse DK09 GYJ has entered service in Grimsby today Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)