Current time: 03/05/2024, 19:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(09/06/2016 20:57)RedPanda Wrote:  Unless its cheaper to run an 'out of date' bus than it is to cancel that particular run. Get fined for running a X reg into GM or fined for not running.

If that's the case your damned if you do and damned if you don't .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It was quite understandable when the Paladin were here as these had genuine access issues but now everything is low floor, there shouldn't be any issues.
(09/06/2016 21:07)T42 PVM Wrote:  Stuff like this really f**ks me off, If a Bus is reliable and has suitable capacity for the route it should be allocated on there regardless of its age!

So exactly the same thing I was saying about V980 XUB being used by HTL on Merseytravel contracts, which you were against in that thread, is ok for Arriva?

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(10/06/2016 00:20)CX06 EBK Wrote:  So exactly the same thing I was saying about V980 XUB being used by HTL on Merseytravel contracts, which you were against in that thread, is ok for Arriva?
I understand both sides of that debate but i think the point T42 PVM was getting at in that debate is merseytravel contracts tend to state that veichles under 15 yrs old are to be used on there contracts as if that's what your accepting when you accept a contract and getting paid quite a lot of money to operate the contract then thats what should operate it as i understand your point too being used as a spare and so long as a bus turns up etc.
Are the mercedes sprinters within the merseytravel contract spec as i always thought there was a minimum seating spec within the contract and that the sprinters didn't meet that spec except the 883/897 etc as ive herad people complain in st helens when they have had to catch one of the sprinters on a st helens late tender.
(10/06/2016 06:47)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I understand both sides of that debate but i think the point T42 PVM was getting at in that debate is merseytravel contracts tend to state that veichles under 15 yrs old are to be used on there contracts as if that's what your accepting when you accept a contract and getting paid quite a lot of money to operate the contract then thats what should operate it as i understand your point too being used as a spare and so long as a bus turns up etc.
Are the mercedes sprinters within the merseytravel contract spec as i always thought there was a minimum seating spec within the contract and that the sprinters didn't meet that spec except the 883/897 etc as ive herad people complain in st helens when they have had to catch one of the sprinters on a st helens late tender.
Correct MM, The Service here in question is a commercial service so has no age limit on it, Contracts on the other hand are a different ball game as you sign up to a contract that does clearly state Buses should be under 15 Years old (Among other things like working dests)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
All I am going to say on the matter is if the bus uses bus stations that have rules in place about age of buses then it doesn't matter weather that service is commercial or not. By the same token (having worked on the desk at HTL, I can tell you V980XUB has never raised ANY concerns with Merseytravel over age ever) V980XUBs destinations work, it is low floor (with ramp) and is one of the most solid performers in that fleet so I can't see how it matters, forget the commercial aspect vs Merseytravel aspect (again, they have no issues being forwarded to HTL).

Having driven V980XUB around St Helens a lot ont he 196/147 I can tell you that those who matter, passengers, are more grateful for the bus showing up than worrying about an arbitrary letter on a reg plate. I'm sure the same goes for anyone who manages to come across a Renown on a St Helens late, which happens a fair bit.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
I am almost certain that the reason the X reg Renowns are not used on services into Greater Manchester is a choice by Arriva as First still have a fair number of X reg Buses still in Service in the Greater Manchester area so theres no issue with them being used on them services.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(10/06/2016 12:01)CX06 EBK Wrote:  All I am going to say on the matter is if the bus uses bus stations that have rules in place about age of buses then it doesn't matter weather that service is commercial or not. By the same token (having worked on the desk at HTL, I can tell you V980XUB has never raised ANY concerns with Merseytravel over age ever) V980XUBs destinations work, it is low floor (with ramp) and is one of the most solid performers in that fleet so I can't see how it matters, forget the commercial aspect vs Merseytravel aspect (again, they have no issues being forwarded to HTL).

Having driven V980XUB around St Helens a lot ont he 196/147 I can tell you that those who matter, passengers, are more grateful for the bus showing up than worrying about an arbitrary letter on a reg plate. I'm sure the same goes for anyone who manages to come across a Renown on a St Helens late, which happens a fair bit.
Don't want you to feel like I'm having a go or ewt but its like HTL signing a contract to lease 30 brand new solos and stating in the contract they have to be new and after signing that contract they turn up and deliver 30 second hand 15 year old solos for the same price so would HTL accept paying the same price for something older or would they make a fuss over it.
If HTL had signed contracts to operate new buses on all contracts maybe but they haven't so it isn't even remotely the same. This argument just goes around in circles though as I've pointed out before Merseytravel have never taken issue with that bus being used on service and why would they when they freely allow HTL to use X338 SKJ which if any bus should be moaned about, it should be that one.

Since its not DDA a lot of people should be saying something

User(s) browsing this thread: 47 Guest(s)