Current time: 20/04/2024, 10:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(08/06/2016 23:06)Enviro400 Wrote:  I think for the next stop announcements, principle stops are more useful- Liverpool, Birkenhead, Bromborough Cross, Hooton Crossroads, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire Oaks and Chester Zoo for the 1, for example - instead of every stop along the route

They announce every stop on buses in Berlin, and its brilliant especially for visitors, even a lot of locals around here ask to be shouted at a certain stop if it's an area they arnt 100% familiar with. It works in London pretty well, the only thing I don't like is how the London buses announce the route number and destination at every stop.

Rock Ferry ex GM tridents have been out and about on schools, I'd imagine they'll be on park life this weekend.

17113 noted in Chester depot earlier in the week.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/06/2016 05:58)R879 HRF Wrote:  They announce every stop on buses in Berlin, and its brilliant especially for visitors, even a lot of locals around here ask to be shouted at a certain stop if it's an area they arnt 100% familiar with. It works in London pretty well, the only thing I don't like is how the London buses announce the route number and destination at every stop.

Rock Ferry ex GM tridents have been out and about on schools, I'd imagine they'll be on park life this weekend.

When I worked at Arriva Chester i used to drive Sapprire 10/10A sometimes and the next stop audio was great ...i generally think our 1/2's at Rock Ferry be better with them fitted

And R879HRF indeed I believe its 4 of the ALX400's that be going parklife but obviously not 100% confirmed yet
I can see the use but if using the route regularly it could get annoying, it definitely is on the 1 Chester-Wrexham where the announcements are in both Welsh and English. They aren't too bad on the 10/10A though and routes like the 1/2 and maybe the X8 would definitely benefit due to the amount of tourist attractions visited.
(09/06/2016 05:58)R879 HRF Wrote:  They announce every stop on buses in Berlin, and its brilliant especially for visitors, even a lot of locals around here ask to be shouted at a certain stop if it's an area they arnt 100% familiar with. It works in London pretty well, the only thing I don't like is how the London buses announce the route number and destination at every stop.

But in Berlin we have many tourists and a large city, and so does London, also.

Liverpool is incredibly compact as a city so tourists need not to stray far outside the city centre. If they do, then they are either going to the airport (which has the announcements) or they know what they are doing and have researched their actions.

Personally it is an expense that operators could probably do without, I believe. After all, it is the customers who will pay for it eventually.
It could be part of a specification that the Liverpool City Region demands of its bus services in the long term.

If it has to be retrofitted to a vehicle its probably going to cost a lot more than if it is as standard on new buses .

I do understand the monotony of hearing announcements all day by bus drivers but the passengers aren't on the service all day and bus services are there for the passengers aren't they ?
(09/06/2016 19:12)wirralbus Wrote:  bus services are there for the passengers aren't they ?

Judging by some of the comments, which I have heard on my travels, and read on various forums, you wouldn't think so!
I remember some of Arriva Hawthorne Road darts had it fitted when they first done the Le Bus branding. Didnt last long though.
Don't forget we use to have next stop info on "Smart" services like on Firsts 41/42 and some of Laird Streets Cadets...don't know what buses had them in Liverpool as I was to young to remember

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(09/06/2016 22:56)busdude Wrote:  Don't forget we use to have next stop info on "Smart" services like on Firsts 41/42 and some of Laird Streets Cadets...don't know what buses had them in Liverpool as I was to young to remember

First had 'Merseytravel Smart' screens on R-ERE and R-HRF Scania's and R-NVT darts that where on 41/42 if memory serves me right

Arriva had 'Merseytravel Smart' screens on the R-ABA darts (origionally fited by MTL for 18, 118/9) cadets had them fitted for the 3's (now 203, 403, 413, 423) and mylleniums had them for 10A (now 410)
(10/06/2016 06:31)E208 WBG Wrote:  First had 'Merseytravel Smart' screens on R-ERE and R-HRF Scania's and R-NVT darts that where on 41/42 if memory serves me right

Arriva had 'Merseytravel Smart' screens on the R-ABA darts (origionally fited by MTL for 18, 118/9) cadets had them fitted for the 3's (now 203, 403, 413, 423) and mylleniums had them for 10A (now 410)

That was in the infancy of those particular additions , now its becoming more standard to have these items , dont believe they should be retrofitted but should come as standard on all new buses , in any new rules set down after the buses bill becomes law.

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)