Current time: 23/04/2024, 11:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
I believe 18147 and 18149 have left Rock Ferry for there new home
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/06/2016 22:46)E208 WBG Wrote:  I believe 18147 and 18149 have left Rock Ferry for there new home

Well they were in Gillmoss last night
(08/06/2016 09:30)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  Well they were in Gillmoss last night

Reported as arriving at Rugby today......presumably gone very early on?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(07/06/2016 22:17)Enviro400 Wrote:  Yes I agree that they are indeed useful for this purpose. But however it doesn't appear in the DDA literature for operators and manufacturers

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...le5990.pdf

So the DDA is now not all encompassing then because there is still small items still missing from the legislation .
(08/06/2016 10:44)wirralbus Wrote:  So the DDA is now not all encompassing then because there is still small items still missing from the legislation .

Well looking at it that is from 2002 so it may have moved on since to include more stuff, but I can't find any documents
Any more Eclipses been repainted?
(08/06/2016 16:22)DK09 GXY Wrote:  Any more Eclipses been repainted?

Think I posted last week but cant remember, 21274 is in at the moment,its rubbed down and was being masked up today.

I definitely reported the latest one to be completed some point last week but can't rememberw which it was.

I am no longer active on this forum.
(08/06/2016 19:51)R879 HRF Wrote:  Think I posted last week but cant remember, 21274 is in at the moment,its rubbed down and was being masked up today.

I definitely reported the latest one to be completed some point last week but can't rememberw which it was.

Think you said 21265 or 21264, not sure as I'm not the best with remembering fleet numbers, just wondering if any others had been done since.
(08/06/2016 10:44)wirralbus Wrote:  So the DDA is now not all encompassing then because there is still small items still missing from the legislation .

PSVAR has never been, and was never intended to be, all encompassing.

It is a minimum set of requirements that must be adhered to.

I'm not sure where all this talk of next stop announcements has come from though? My understanding of the RTPI is that it will be a lot less intrusive, and be more along the lines of "next bus in x mins" at stops and "predicted arrival time at y" displays on bus.
I'm not a fan of announcements as I think they create more confusion than they solve.
(08/06/2016 21:41)mbonwick Wrote:  PSVAR has never been, and was never intended to be, all encompassing.

It is a minimum set of requirements that must be adhered to.

I'm not sure where all this talk of next stop announcements has come from though? My understanding of the RTPI is that it will be a lot less intrusive, and be more along the lines of "next bus in x mins" at stops and "predicted arrival time at y" displays on bus.
I'm not a fan of announcements as I think they create more confusion than they solve.

I think for the next stop announcements, principle stops are more useful- Liverpool, Birkenhead, Bromborough Cross, Hooton Crossroads, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire Oaks and Chester Zoo for the 1, for example - instead of every stop along the route

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)