Current time: 24/04/2024, 14:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(03/06/2016 20:00)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  I totally agree!

Ugly is the word for me

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hard luck this is what stagecoach have got for the park and ride at the moment , think the looks will work on you over a while .

When do they intend to start using them ?
Are they the same capacity as the eclipses or different.
I quite approve of this new livery i think it looks far better than the old one the only thing i do dislike is the way the logos of Stagecoach and the council have been placed in the blue on the side looks tatty and rushed but i highly approve of the new livery.

Personally i used to hate both MMC designs but have since grown on me and i quite like it now, certainly much prefer it to what other Manufactures offer at the moment obviously i still prefer the Volvo B7RLEs any day but its something to new aye, hope the RLEs do stay local mind you!

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(03/06/2016 21:18)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Are they the same capacity as the eclipses or different.

The largest Enviro200mmc (11.5m) seats 46, one more than the current Eclipse's

8.9m seats 32
9.7 m seats 36
10.4m seats 40
10.8m seats 41

Personally I like both the livery and bodystyling, both work very well together and in my opinion are much more modern looking than the older Enviro 300 in the foreground. I also prefer the Enviro400 city option to the MMC, the latter is clearly based on what was to become the Optare Rapta.
I have one concern for the cross city routing of park and ride services which will need to be looked at especially in the run up to Christmas especially on the Sealand Road - Boughton Heath park and ride route is the carrying over of delays on a Saturday from Sealand Road caused by Retail and football traffic affecting the reliability of the Boughton Heath service.

The Upton (Chester Zoo ) - Wrexham Road doesn't have any real potential pitfalls on the line of route and should work fine .

I do wonder after Wrexham Road which is the next busiest ?
(03/06/2016 21:29)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  The largest Enviro200mmc (11.5m) seats 46, one more than the current Eclipse's

8.9m seats 32
9.7 m seats 36
10.4m seats 40
10.8m seats 41

That's only in ADL "cram seats in" spec. You'll find that Stagecoach generally opt for 1 row of seats less, so 41/42 in 11.5m (or 11.9m in Stagecoach case as they specifiy the bigger 6cyl engine) and 37 in 10.8m.

The B7RLEs are going to East Midlands.
(04/06/2016 09:40)mbonwick Wrote:  The B7RLEs are going to East Midlands.

All of them?
I'm not sure. Originally I was of the impression that all would be going (20 B7RLEs matching up pretty nicely with East Midlands 19 ALX300s that they want shot of), but now that 24161-4 have also cascaded I'm not so sure.
The suggestion is that the MANs will displace Tridents rather than ALX300s, so I don't know what to believe!
20? So that includes the YJ09 Blacon Pointer ones as well I guess... I was hoping the DK09s would stay local as someone else said yesterday

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)