Current time: 16/04/2024, 09:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
As you say Monday to Friday outside Chester races that is workable , Saturdays you could struggle.

The problem I have with the X8 is passenger loadings , add an extra vehicle and the profitability of the route starts to drop.

The extra X8 short workings are only there because of the Chester Zoo inclusive package add on with national rail tickets , otherwise they wouldn't have been introduced.

Will the PR1 and PR2 routes start with new vehicles ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't see any short workings to/from the zoo on the Merseytravel timetable?

Are these to step the frequency up between Chester & the Zoo to every 15 minutes in the daytime?
As the extra's are wholly within Cheshire Merseytravel's timetable will not show them.
(13/05/2016 16:09)wirralbus Wrote:  As the extra's are wholly within Cheshire Merseytravel's timetable will not show them.

Realistically they should be shown as passengers using a 'combination zoo ticket' (as merseytravel refers to them as) would use the X8 shorts to get to their destination.
(13/05/2016 17:21)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Realistically they should be shown as passengers using a 'combination zoo ticket' (as merseytravel refers to them as) would use the X8 shorts to get to their destination.

That combination add on is not a merseytravel product but an add on to any national rail product be it from Liverpool or London Euston.
(13/05/2016 18:18)wirralbus Wrote:  That combination add on is not a merseytravel product but an add on to any national rail product be it from Liverpool or London Euston.

It is however Merseytravel publish their own document/leaflet which contains the exact prices for travel within Merseyside exclusively. This is available on-line and at travel Centres (or used to be).
It used to be a Merseyrail product with bus from Bache on service 1 and entrance as an all in one price , but when the ticket changed the bus used to get there changed to the 32 park and ride service and the station you got the bus from changed .
(13/05/2016 19:07)Dentonian Wrote:  Merseytravel have always had this childish "there be dragons" attitude with bus timetables. They act as though as soon a bus crosses the county boundary they drop into the abyss.

These short X8's don't even cross into Merseyside , so why should Merseytravel even show them .
(13/05/2016 21:09)wirralbus Wrote:  These short X8's don't even cross into Merseyside , so why should Merseytravel even show them .

While Merseytrave would not want to pay to promote such journeys, it could prevent passengers from knowing how many buses run in Cheshire. For good measure, it also means the Merseytravel and Stagecoach timetables are inconsistent.

By chance I noticed on a map at Chester station where the ChesterBus depot was. I understand that Stagecoach only use the former First depot now.
(14/05/2016 09:01)Metroline1511 Wrote:  While Merseytrave would not want to pay to promote such journeys, it could prevent passengers from knowing how many buses run in Cheshire. For good measure, it also means the Merseytravel and Stagecoach timetables are inconsistent.

By chance I noticed on a map at Chester station where the ChesterBus depot was. I understand that Stagecoach only use the former First depot now.

Yep, the former Chester City depot that was used by First was demolished some while ago & the site redeveloped. Only the Liverpool Road depot now in Chester.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)