Current time: 28/03/2024, 08:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(29/04/2016 18:01)Nicholas Wrote:  I want some chocolate bars. A bar costs 70p, but a 4-pack might cost me £1.50 (or if I am very lucky, £1)

About as off topic as it gets, but depending on which chocolate bars and where you shop you can get most types 4 for £1 lol

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Makes it easier for everybody , down the line .

Flat Fare
Flat Fare - CrossRiver
Day Ticket .

It just looks a repeat of what Arriva have done but just that bit cheaper.
(29/04/2016 15:45)Dentonian Wrote:  No wonder the free market gets criticised. The same company charges more for a pensioner to travel 1.51 miles to attend a pre-0930 medical appointment in suburban Gtr. Manchester, than a fully employed adult pays for a journey of ten times the distance on Merseyside.

I guess this is stagecoach response too arrivas fare revision in merseyside.
(29/04/2016 19:03)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I guess this is stagecoach response too arrivas fare revision in merseyside.

Considering there in partnership on a couple of routes , you would think that it was most sensible to do that , otherwise it would be a case of waiting for another operator yet again to pay a substantially cheaper ticket , this way the tickets are near the same but not exactly the same .
I think it stops confusion when explaining about tickets to passengers as some passengers cant understand why it cost £2.20 from hillside to liverpool but cost £2.80 from hillside to st helens which is shorter distance so flat fare makes it easier to understand now.
What it does do though is make some of the very long routes like the X2 from places say just beyond Southport to Liverpool very unprofitable for the company , with Stagecoach now really dependant on lots of short hops bringing the profitability up.
(29/04/2016 15:45)Dentonian Wrote:  No wonder the free market gets criticised. The same company charges more for a pensioner to travel 1.51 miles to attend a pre-0930 medical appointment in suburban Gtr. Manchester, than a fully employed adult pays for a journey of ten times the distance on Merseyside.
1.51? Nautical miles? Mersey Ferry?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
I know this is off topic but wouldn't it be easier to have a flat pricing structure in Manchester , the only problem there is it probably would have an effect on there TFGM smartcard pricing structure .
Unfortunately its called free market economics the present differential pricing structure in different parts of Manchester.

Why it has taken so long for the services on the Wirral and into St Helens to fall in behind the Liverpool fare structure is beyond me though.
Anyone know the exact date for the Chester P&R changes? Know it's sometime in June but unsure of the date, wanna try and catch the Eclipses before theyre replaced with (imo inferior) Enviro200s

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)