Current time: 19/04/2024, 12:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(27/04/2016 20:47)Neukit Wrote:  I believe the 09 plate P+R Volvo B7RLEs are expected to move to the East Midlands in the summer.

Does this include the YJ09 ones used on BlaconPointer or just the DK09 ones? Also how about DK09 GXW since that was a P&R bus but is now used on BlaconPointer?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/04/2016 20:49)DK09 GXY Wrote:  Does this include the YJ09 ones used on BlaconPointer or just the DK09 ones? Also how about DK09 GXW since that was a P&R bus but is now used on BlaconPointer?

He did say in his post the Park and Ride ones.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(27/04/2016 21:08)T42 PVM Wrote:  He did say in his post the Park and Ride ones.

Yes but is GXW classed as P&R or not since that's where it started life and is still used but it's in standard livery and used on BP and X8 often a
(27/04/2016 20:47)Neukit Wrote:  I believe the 09 plate P+R Volvo B7RLEs are expected to move to the East Midlands in the summer.

We will have to wait and see as even supervisor at our depot tonight is under the impression were getting some ex P&R Volvo's to replace scanias with the other scanias being replaced by 55/06 plate ALX400's from Gillmoss
Regarding the P&R Volvo spotted in Rock Ferry, I've heard management want them repainted by June, however Chester depot use Rock ferrys steam cleaner during MOT prep so it's common to see Chester based vehicles visit.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Wirral and Liverpool fare Changes

New fares in operation from 01/05/16
(29/04/2016 15:45)Dentonian Wrote:  No wonder the free market gets criticised. The same company charges more for a pensioner to travel 1.51 miles to attend a pre-0930 medical appointment in suburban Gtr. Manchester, than a fully employed adult pays for a journey of ten times the distance on Merseyside.

What would you suggest as a solution to such fares anomalies?
Told that 28544 and 21236 are at Chester depot this afternoon

I am no longer active on this forum.
(29/04/2016 16:31)Dentonian Wrote:  Unfortunately, its 20 years too late for that, but its strange that Stagecoach MSL don't seem to follow their normal strategy of trying to make a DaySaver the default fare for all journeys except Commuters.

As I've said before in other contexts, the problem is now, not what Re-regulation would do to improve things, but what it would keep the same. People making the short journeys (under 2.5 miles) that cost the most per mile (up to TEN times motoring costs), are

a. Most likely to be unemployed or part time, so can least afford the fares.
b. Are making the journeys out of necessity ie. To Shops, part time work, medical facilities etc.

I didn't understand a word of that rambling response. Personally, I think that the two main operators on Merseyside, Arriva and Stagecoach, provide excellent value for money.
(29/04/2016 16:31)Dentonian Wrote:  Unfortunately, its 20 years too late for that, but its strange that Stagecoach MSL don't seem to follow their normal strategy of trying to make a DaySaver the default fare for all journeys except Commuters.

As I've said before in other contexts, the problem is now, not what Re-regulation would do to improve things, but what it would keep the same. People making the short journeys (under 2.5 miles) that cost the most per mile (up to TEN times motoring costs), are

a. Most likely to be unemployed or part time, so can least afford the fares.
b. Are making the journeys out of necessity ie. To Shops, part time work, medical facilities etc.

But that is how economies of scale work. You buy more, it works out more economical. People buying a saver ticket will pay less per journey, and more so the more journeys they make, because they have bought a larger number up front. You could even say it is rewarding loyalty.

Look at it another way. I go to the supermarket and want:
Some milk... A pint costs 45p, 2 pints cost 75p, 4 pints cost £1 and 6 pints cost £1.48. The more I buy, the less per 100ml I pay.

Some big brand cornflakes... a 250g box costs £1, 500g is £1.75, 750g is £1.98.

I want some chocolate bars. A bar costs 70p, but a 4-pack might cost me £1.50 (or if I am very lucky, £1)

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)