Current time: 16/04/2024, 08:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
Nothing exciting but worth a mention that connect 17 versa #96 was working the 5 today. Rarely happens so thought I'd flag it up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It's been posted on VOSA that GHA have cancelled their 16 & 46 services
(25/02/2016 13:57)telf23 Wrote:  It's been posted on VOSA that GHA have cancelled their 16 & 46 services

Have to say I'm not surprised. It was only a matter of time as their was no way they could continue with the small loadings they had, they must have been losing a small fortune.

Have to say it's a shame, competition is always good as it keeps everybody on their toes.
(25/02/2016 13:57)telf23 Wrote:  It's been posted on VOSA that GHA have cancelled their 16 & 46 services

Its a Shame that they Spread themselves too thinly, And through Vehicle and Staff Shortages it was inevitable that their ambitious plans was too much.

If they were able to sort out these shortages, they could have expanded more in the Warrington Area and provide a competition to Network Warrington and lower fares for Passingers.
They could of done with a small depot in the warrington area which may attract some drivers from this end as not many people would want to travel to tarvin or wrexham to work so if they would be a bit more local then rack up some local drivers from the area.
How come there so short on buses as i thought they had a large fleet of buses.
(25/02/2016 19:10)motormayhem1 Wrote:  How come there so short on buses as i thought they had a large fleet of buses.

Things have gone wrong since the end of December when they closed the Macclesfield outstation and DDA rules came in to force. Apparently some of their older single decker buses have been away getting modifications which has resulted in coaches and deckers making more appearances.
so its only a temporary shortage then or is it a long term thing.
(25/02/2016 17:28)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Have to say I'm not surprised. It was only a matter of time as their was no way they could continue with the small loadings they had, they must have been losing a small fortune.

Have to say it's a shame, competition is always good as it keeps everybody on their toes.

Dont forget they will still operate the 45

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I'm sure WBT won't be too scared of their one service in the area. It's like it's been stated before in the thread, regardless of price, people of Warrington have a loyalty to Network Warrington. There's not many other towns in the county that are majority operated by a municipal operator. Even Runcorn and Widnes tend to use Arriva services more than Halton ones.

Network Warrington always seem to beat off any competition and pull through anything that gets thrown at them.
(26/02/2016 01:28)telf23 Wrote:  I'm sure WBT won't be too scared of their one service in the area. It's like it's been stated before in the thread, regardless of price, people of Warrington have a loyalty to Network Warrington. There's not many other towns in the county that are majority operated by a municipal operator. Even Runcorn and Widnes tend to use Arriva services more than Halton ones.

Network Warrington always seem to beat off any competition and pull through anything that gets thrown at them.

I'm pretty sure the 45/46/47 originated as council contracts for village services in the Northwich and Knutsford area which WBT decided to bid for (and won) after North Western started operating in Warrington with WBT deciding to run them as through services to/from Warrington.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)