Current time: 19/04/2024, 18:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(02/02/2016 15:16)326VFM Wrote:  Yes you was right about the P&R crossed town service from Sealand Road to Boughton and Chester Zoo to Wrexham Road. Will be 13 P&R buses.

Will it be 10 in service and 3 spare or 12 in service and 1 spare , its a good question , you do wonder if there is a contingency this time for services to run separately in the event of an incident hampering the cross city service.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/02/2016 15:08)wirralbus Wrote:  What Stagecoach have done to this company since they took is nothing but a miracle when you look at the basket case they was left by First.

Arriva put First to shame , but now its Stagecoach that puts Arriva to shame .

All the new vehicles that Stagecoach have brought to the fore , it must have grown the business now surely.

Now I have heard that the P&R routes are to be interwoven with Chester Zoo - Wrexham Road being one and Sealand Road - Boughton Heath being the other .

Out of area but you can say the same for Plymouth, amazing what they've done there after the seemingly neglect when First ran there.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
gka472l where there is a will there is a way.

I also think it was a way of getting into the Wirral and Chester before the regulatory regime changed as well for them , better to be inside looking out than them looking in from outside the status quo.
(02/02/2016 15:31)gka472l Wrote:  Out of area but you can say the same for Plymouth, amazing what they've done there after the seemingly neglect when First ran there.....

I do agree with you about Stagecoach Chester and Wirral also Plymouth really massive move on and more modern buses. I can tell big different from First ran both.
For all the investment in Chester, it's still considered a marginal depot. It's yet to start making the profit margins that Stagecoach expect.

The Gold Solos may actually help in this respect as it means drivers are on a lower pay-rate compared to the Darts they replace.
(02/02/2016 15:41)326VFM Wrote:  I do agree with you about Stagecoach Chester and Wirral also Plymouth really massive move on and more modern buses. I can tell big different from First ran both.

Totally agreed regarding Chester & the Wirral, Wigan, and Plymouth areas. However they are still areas, such as Cumbria, and East Kent which are being neglected by Stagecoach.
Cumbria hasn't done too bad apart from older Solos out west
(02/02/2016 17:50)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Totally agreed regarding Chester & the Wirral, Wigan, and Plymouth areas. However they are still areas, such as Cumbria, and East Kent which are being neglected by Stagecoach.

You will always find that if they have been the incumbent for so long in an area they get very complacent.

The good management ends up following the investment around the country.
(02/02/2016 17:05)mbonwick Wrote:  The Gold Solos may actually help in this respect as it means drivers are on a lower pay-rate compared to the Darts they replace.
Could you explain how drivers pay rates are lowered by the change in vehicles please?

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(02/02/2016 21:13)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Could you explain how drivers pay rates are lowered by the change in vehicles please?

Some companies have a different rate of pay for differents sized vehicles. For example, if a driver was on a minibus route, they would receive a lowerr minibus rate.

I am no longer active on this forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)