Current time: 19/04/2024, 06:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
(29/01/2016 07:17)Valandil Wrote:  For anyone interested, an updated fleet list is now on the website:
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/asset...981651.pdf
Credit to whoever makes these!

It shows that 36 and 48 are back on the road and 70 has shed its temporary fleet number 110.
Three of the Solos are still awaiting sale.

I hope you don't mind my changing the subject but today I have travelled (several times) along Lovely Lane and it appears that Fairbrothers have been running an extra bus on the Warrington Interchange to Dallam route. At no time did I see a GHA bus on this route. Has anyone else noticed this or has anyone any ideas as to any changes?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/02/2016 18:01)Katie Wrote:  I hope you don't mind my changing the subject but today I have travelled (several times) along Lovely Lane and it appears that Fairbrothers have been running an extra bus on the Warrington Interchange to Dallam route. At no time did I see a GHA bus on this route. Has anyone else noticed this or has anyone any ideas as to any changes?

I noticed a metrocity going into Warrington on Friday and then return going back towards Northwich 15 minutes later. Confused me a bit, not sure whats going on there as I've not heard it's been cancelled.
(01/02/2016 18:09)Lynx Wrote:  I noticed a metrocity going into Warrington on Friday and then return going back towards Northwich 15 minutes later. Confused me a bit, not sure whats going on there as I've not heard it's been cancelled.

16 is still showing as being active on a GHA licence with most recent timetable revision being effective from 14 December.

If they aren't running a service that's registered as active then they risk the TC taking action such as making them run the route for free or reducing their number of licences, so I'm not sure they will want that.

Did I read GHA had recently purchased a second hand white and blue Dart? If so could that be confused for a Fairbrothers bus?
(02/02/2016 10:39)knutstransport Wrote:  16 is still showing as being active on a GHA licence with most recent timetable revision being effective from 14 December.

If they aren't running a service that's registered as active then they wish the TC taking action such as making them run the route for free or reducing their number of licences, so I'm not sure they will want that.

Did I read GHA had recently purchased a second hand white and blue Dart? If so could that be confused for a Fairbrothers bus?

I know GHA arnt perfect but it's not really thier style to simply not run on a service.
(02/02/2016 10:58)Mayneway Wrote:  I know GHA arnt perfect but it's not really thier style to simply not run on a service.

I can see them running a reduced service due to being a bus/driver down - they've done that on other routes before but not running a route at all on a different day is a different scenario the only time I've heard that happening is High Peak on a service which is being cancelled in a few weeks time.
To be honest I had wondered where they have been as I haven't seen them operate a Dallam for some time. I thought they were running a service to Callands?
(02/02/2016 13:40)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  To be honest I had wondered where they have been as I haven't seen them operate a Dallam for some time. I thought they were running a service to Callands?

There are meant to be a couple of 46's every school day up that way (to Gemini), but they've never shown up when I've tried to catch them.
(02/02/2016 10:58)Mayneway Wrote:  I know GHA arnt perfect but it's not really thier style to simply not run on a service.

Perhaps not the full service but they certainly seem to drop journeys regularly. In mid-Cheshire theyre probably the most unreliable operator. One of there drivers told me that they're short of drivers & buses, I've even heard of some of the special needs minibuses being used on local services.
This is what was posted in the GHA thread

(21/01/2016 17:23)GHA Coaches Wrote:  The article in the Middlewich Guardian was incorrect and the company have never said we were struggling to find replacements for step entrance single deckers. What was actually said was that the services X20 & X81 were only viable to operate commercially because they utilised a vehicle between school contracts and sadly the low patronage did not justify the purchase of a newer DDA compliant vehicle. Service X22 was withdrawn following the withdrawal of financial support fro Cheshire West & Chester Council and then Winsford Town Council.

You are correct that a Plaxton Interurban Coach was used for a two days on service 27 and this was due to a shortage of vehicles at Winsford Depot however this has now been resolved following the return of several older Solo's which had been away for upgrade to DDA spec.
(02/02/2016 16:42)knutstransport Wrote:  This is what was posted in the GHA thread

I didn't realise Ive always heard good comments about thier services Into Manchester.

I notice there is a member of this group called GHA Cosches - Presumsbly they are someone associated with the company, and while there keen to quash comments and rumours in the GHA thread it would be interesting to know whats the score with these Warrington no shows.

I've commented before but it's shocking that some operators seem to pick and choose whether to runs service or not, but i do think it's unfair that some operators seem to get heavily penalised by the TC for these dropping services or journeys before the cancellation date and others get away Scott free.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)