Current time: 27/09/2024, 21:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sale of Local Authority bus companies
RE: Sale of Local Authority bus companies
(20/12/2015 21:04)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  Would operate with Glenvale discs so would be Merseyside, Cheshire & South Lancashire still. Given that Halton is now part of Merseyside as well there wiuld be no need to add anything else to it. And im sure Stagecoach North West already exists in North Lancashire and the Lakes.

Halton is still part of Cheshire, Just their Transport is now linked with Merseytravel

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thought it was part of the new 'Greater Merseyside'
Find all posts by this user
(20/12/2015 21:28)T42 PVM Wrote:  Halton is still part of Cheshire, Just their Transport is now linked with Merseytravel

I'd say a name change would be better such as Stagecoach South Lancs, Merseyside & Halton though for me I'd leave out Merseyside out of the name
(20/12/2015 21:23)RedPanda Wrote:  I didn't know if it was Widnes or Runcorn, Widnes being part of merseyside and runcorn part of cheshire

How dare you say Widnes is part of Merseyside...heaven forbid Dodgy lol

We are still very much Cheshire.
(20/12/2015 21:50)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  How dare you say Widnes is part of Merseyside...heaven forbid Dodgy lol

We are still very much Cheshire.

I didn't know what was what with this confusing thing Liverpool now have
I can say Warrington is part of Greater Manchester if you want lol
(20/12/2015 21:45)RedPanda Wrote:  I'd say a name change would be better such as Stagecoach South Lancs, Merseyside & Halton though for me I'd leave out Merseyside out of the name

Why the hell would you leave Merseyside out of the name, how pathetic. Stagecoach in this immediate area started at Gillmoss, which is on Merseyside, it then got linked with the other areas. It started off as Stagecoach Merseyside here, so leaving that area out of the name would be a joke. So basically you would have stagecoach south Lancs and Halton, Like Merseyside didn't exist, how snobbish. Anyway regardless of this, Halton have not even given indication of wanting to sell so really it's just hypothetical anyway.
(20/12/2015 21:45)RedPanda Wrote:  I'd say a name change would be better such as Stagecoach South Lancs, Merseyside & Halton though for me I'd leave out Merseyside out of the name

Also how dare you even think of taking the word Merseyside out , so many of us having been brought up in the area known as Merseyside .
(20/12/2015 22:14)wirralbus Wrote:  Also how dare you even think of taking the word Merseyside out , so many of us having been brought up in the area known as Merseyside .

Maybe Merseyside should be taken out of this sites name and just called Dennis darts. Lol.
(20/12/2015 22:19)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Maybe Merseyside should be taken out of this sites name and just called Dennis darts. Lol.

Just sounds better somehow for me and there was no such thing as Merseyside once upon a time
(20/12/2015 22:29)RedPanda Wrote:  Just sounds better somehow for me and there was no such thing as Merseyside once upon a time

Don't see how it sounds better plus your way wants to wipe out the name of quite a large area, so do want this site to be re-named Dennis dart website with Merseyside removed as well. Also the fact that there was no such thing as the name Merseyside many years ago is hardly a relevant point.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)