Current time: 20/04/2024, 12:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
I wonder who had the pea brained idea of doing that. The issue I think now Is that passengers on routes other than those they new vehicles were bought for is that now passengers are going to be expecting the new vehicles every time now on the 38 and as was mentioned a few pages back the 38/38a/41/41a/42 don't need to be gold because it will give the impression that the gold is the new company identity.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Here we go again....

Why does this forum have trouble understanding that running boards start and finish at different times, and vehicles need maintainence? For example, 27261 may have needed attention this morning and so not been available for run out of 1/2, so 21248 was drafted in. Later, when 27261 was repaired, it was put onto a late-starting 38 board so another vehicle could receive attention.
21248 could well have been over the water in Liverpool when that happened!

Anyway, former First Solos 47742/4/5 are all now at Carlisle.
There are operating reasons when a different bus may be needed on a route, its inevitable something other than the norm will be used from time to time, now if no bus turned up at all rather than a gold bus would that make people happier, no it wouldnt.
Gold fares are exactly the same as "normal" fares - there's no premium.

2 spare Gold Enviro300s (vs PVR) were ordered - but that can quickly disappear if there's a long term VOR. It could be that a vehicle failed on run-out isn't really broken and could be quickly fixed - but there isn't time before the vehicle needs to leave and start service.

It could even be that one of the Golds became "trapped" in the parking lanes following maintainence and so was not accessible for the 1/2 run-out, but could be driven out in time for 38.
17111 was on 471/2 today
(10/11/2015 20:05)Dentonian Wrote:  However here in Manchester, there is a seperate issue with hybrids on non hybrid routes, particularly those normally allocated to the 50 route. The problem being that if one of these comparatively new, "environmentally friendly" buses normally used between trendy south Manchester, the posher parts of the city centre and MediaCity, is then run on long standing "bread and butter" routes in east Manchester, they are rubbing passengers noses in it by advertising the fact that not only do the BBC types get to travel on newish hybrid buses, but their fares are substantially cheaper.
I'm not sure what version of the 50 you've been travelling on but it certainly isn't mine! The fares on the 50 are comparable to the Oxford/Wilmslow Road Corridor buses such as the 23/23A/42/43/111/X41/X57. If you're travelling between Parrswood and the City (via Kingsway) the Arriva 130 is actually a much cheaper option although less frequent! The only part of the route they are cheaper is the "pound to town/£1.20 to town" between the city and Salford Shopping City, and that's mainly for the benefit of Salford uni students and competition with First.

I wouldn't call the buses 'new' either, they might be newer than the examples used on the 201-206 but that doesn't mean they're in a nicer condition, usually littered, graffitied, etched windows and worn seats. Quite a few have been "tagged" with spraypaint on the stairs also. They're not exactly as 'modern' and 'plush' as the MMC's, which sadly are also becoming gradually more damaged (and that includes loan 80027). The general public generally aren't bothered if their bus is a hybrid so long as it's reliable, frequent, has enough capacity, is clean and of a temperate climate when travelling from A to B.

Personally I prefer non-hybrid examples on the route as they come with extra seats! (needed during the peaks).
Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill unless you know what went on why assume, at the end the day a bus is a bus it gets you were you are going ,end of.
I believe in the past month, gold vehicles on none gold routes has happened no more than 3 times. As far as I'm aware 21248 is the first none gold bus to do a Chester since the launch, so consideringt the teething troubles that they're having with the Enviro300s (which should be expected with new buses anyway) they're doing pretty well.

I am no longer active on this forum.
(11/11/2015 10:08)R879 HRF Wrote:  I believe in the past month, gold vehicles on none gold routes has happened no more than 3 times. As far as I'm aware 21248 is the first none gold bus to do a Chester since the launch, so consideringt the teething troubles that they're having with the Enviro300s (which should be expected with new buses anyway) they're doing pretty well.

Got to agree with you there Luke straight to the point
They are only having teething troubles because tgey were not properly tested by the company that built them which any company boss would expect to happen as it is srandard required procedure for all new vehicles irrespective of the company that buys them to be fully tested so that any problems CAN be corrected before delivery so that when they are finally delivered they have at least 5 - 10 years of trouble free running.

The incident in the first day of service when a door fell off 1 of them clearly demonstrates the need for tests.

To anyone who doesn't like what I have to say thats up to you but having been a bus driver myself I happen to know about safety procedures and testing requirements and frankly anyone who has a beef about what either myself or anyone else has to say, if you don't like it DON'T READ IT.

SIMPLES.

User(s) browsing this thread: MPTE1955, 18 Guest(s)