Current time: 19/09/2024, 22:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
There is currently no firm date for when Farnworth Tunnel will be finished.

NR are apparently pushing for a date when boring will be complete, so that they can mobilise the railing teams. However, production is very variable and the tunnelling contractor refuses to give a date.

If boring is completed just before Christmas, then it will be after the festive period before railing commences - as all NR staff are tied up on other projects over the holidays.
Find all posts by this user
Any idea what routes these loco hauled services will be on and what stock will be used?
Emergency engineering on Chat Moss yesterday meant the cancellation of the LIV-MIA service whilst the LIV-MCV service terminated at ERL. TPEs LIV-NCL service was cancelled out of LIV and the disruption would have also affected their Scottish services and ATWs North Wales to MAN services.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(18/10/2015 04:53)childwallblues Wrote:  Emergency engineering on Chat Moss yesterday meant the cancellation of the LIV-MIA service whilst the LIV-MCV service terminated at ERL. TPEs LIV-NCL service was cancelled out of LIV and the disruption would have also affected their Scottish services and ATWs North Wales to MAN services.

I was up in Manchester yesterday and it was just mad, Since some Services have been changed to go from Victoria instead of Picadilly the Metroshuttle 1 was leaving fully standing load and leaving people behind so people ended up missing their Trains anyway

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/10/2015 18:47)wirralbus Wrote:  I think there used to be a long term PSR up from Springs Branch to just short of Bryn and it was a very long 20 mph maybe the times havent been changed i think that speed limit has gone now with the improvements .

That has long gone.

Although there is only a 4 minute turnaround the workings are still timed for 75mph, so there is oppurtunity to make up time between Wigan and Euxton. Also the 319's reach line speed between Wigan and Huyton much quicker enabling a few minutes to be clawed back.

Late running in the past has seen the Lime St to South Parkway bit being cancelled.

SD.
I have noticed since the introduction of the 319's on the Preston service, time is clawed back more easily between Euxton & Wigan. If a Diesel was a minute late at Euxton, you could double/triple the estimated arrival time at Wigan but a 319 was one minute late recently but managed to be three minutes early at Wigan.
Which platform is the service booked to use at preston .
(18/10/2015 10:40)T42 PVM Wrote:  I was up in Manchester yesterday and it was just mad, Since some Services have been changed to go from Victoria instead of Picadilly the Metroshuttle 1 was leaving fully standing load and leaving people behind so people ended up missing their Trains anyway
People can change at Salford Crescent for Oxford Road/Piccadilly. It would be far quicker than going into Victoria and waiting for a 20 seater bus that goes round the world and then you still have a walk to the platforms. No sympathy for people not leaving sufficient time for their connections.

(18/10/2015 15:58)wirralbus Wrote:  Which platform is the service booked to use at preston .
P1 or P2

(19/10/2015 05:53)childwallblues Wrote:  People can change at Salford Crescent for Oxford Road/Piccadilly. It would be far quicker than going into Victoria and waiting for a 20 seater bus that goes round the world and then you still have a walk to the platforms. No sympathy for people not leaving sufficient time for their connections.

Ordsall lane junction was closed all weekend & will be closed next 2 weekends which has also meant that the blackpool tpe services have been running to & from Newcastle all weekend
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 41 Guest(s)