Current time: 19/04/2024, 11:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(16/10/2015 11:54)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  Done some amazing maths and by my count, there are now 10 Gold Enviro300s in Gillmoss.

Only 7 left to be delivered then, there has been mention that the launch could be brought forward, depending of course when the rest arrive.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Looks like all Chester city services are going to Solo operation...47034/5, 47513-7 have been transferred.
Wish I could find out how I could apply for a job delivering brand new vehicles. I envy those who do it.
(16/10/2015 15:54)Myllenium2453 Wrote:  Wish I could find out how I could apply for a job delivering brand new vehicles. I envy those who do it.

A Couple of months ago wrightbus, were advertising for delivery drivers, to work out of Birkenhead and Heysham docks.
If you'd bothered to look back at the previous page, you'd have seen the answer to your question.

Chester CC after a higher quality vehicle interior - hence use of ex-Goldline Solos. All town services going to Solo operation at the same time to create a common vehicle type/brand (all Solos will be in corporate swoops).

Remember that the Darts from GM were just an improvement on the 04 plates ex-Scotland that had been in use since the takeover. Much better for MY&SL to be losing their oldest darts than the 05 plates....

Also worth pointing out that under First Chester town services were mostly 8.5m Solo operated (by what are now 47741-5), with a few 10.1m Darts appearing - so the initial replacement with 10.7m Darts was overkill. This conversion to 9.2m Solos all round provides more seats than in First days, using more size-appropriate vehicles than full size Darts.
Another 2 Gold Enviro 300s got delivered to Gillmoss today. 12 in the yard this evening. R879 HRF was right with 7. Dont forget that 1 is in Rock Ferry.
(16/10/2015 22:33)mbonwick Wrote:  If you'd bothered to look back at the previous page, you'd have seen the answer to your question.

Chester CC after a higher quality vehicle interior - hence use of ex-Goldline Solos. All town services going to Solo operation at the same time to create a common vehicle type/brand (all Solos will be in corporate swoops).

Remember that the Darts from GM were just an improvement on the 04 plates ex-Scotland that had been in use since the takeover. Much better for MY&SL to be losing their oldest darts than the 05 plates....

Also worth pointing out that under First Chester town services were mostly 8.5m Solo operated (by what are now 47741-5), with a few 10.1m Darts appearing - so the initial replacement with 10.7m Darts was overkill. This conversion to 9.2m Solos all round provides more seats than in First days, using more size-appropriate vehicles than full size Darts.

Don't forget in PMT and First days, there was a large amount of minis and midis in fleet.including the Mercedes Beaver 2s, solos and MPDs, so if anything stagecoach have found passenger numbers arnt sufficient for a full size bus, however are too busy for the smaller optare so have opted for something in between.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Oh i remember those days , when PMT had over-sized minibuses operating on the 41/41A when they was running in competing with Merseybus. Some of those where operating on crush loading's which i'm sure Chester didn't get as such.
I remember that, it was no fun trying to ride any bus while that was going on.

I checked out the Alexander Dennis website yesterday and I think if stagecoach want to carry more passengers they may well end up possibly considering the Enviro500 someday.

They are 40' in length, standard 8' 2" width, have all the latest tech on them including new spec engines but can carry 100 passengers.
(17/10/2015 09:10)Myllenium2453 Wrote:  I remember that, it was no fun trying to ride any bus while that was going on.

I checked out the Alexander Dennis website yesterday and I think if stagecoach want to carry more passengers they may well end up possibly considering the Enviro500 someday.

They are 40' in length, standard 8' 2" width, have all the latest tech on them including new spec engines but can carry 100 passengers.

I don't think that this will happen on Merseyside. Aside from the fact that deckers aren't favoured by the management, being twin rear axle they would not de allowed to use the Birkenhead tunnel.

An radical alternative solution would be to increase the frequency at peak times. That used to happen a lot pre 1986.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)