Current time: 18/06/2024, 09:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool Night Buses Christmas 2015
RE: Liverpool Night Buses Crimbo 2015
(09/10/2015 09:59)wirralbus Wrote:  I thought it would be extremely dangerous to cycle through the Queensway Tunnel (Birkenhead) with the numerous bends in it .

You can cycle through it after 8pm Monday - Saturday and all day Sunday now. I agree it is dangerous.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/10/2015 10:10)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  You can cycle through it after 8pm Monday - Saturday and all day Sunday now. I agree it is dangerous.

If you was a car driver a very slow moving cyclist is the last thing you want to come across , because technically you aint allowed to cross the white line .
(09/10/2015 10:10)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  You can cycle through it after 8pm Monday - Saturday and all day Sunday now. I agree it is dangerous.

Do cyclists have to pay a toll to ride through the tunnel or is it free for them like it is for motorbikes?
(09/10/2015 11:27)MX12CFE Wrote:  Do cyclists have to pay a toll to ride through the tunnel or is it free for them like it is for motorbikes?

It is free for cyclists. It is alright until a car comes and instead of swapping lanes (which is fine when there is nobody around and there is a cyclist in the way) they stay in the same lane and overtake with inches to spare. Although to be fair, from the entrance to halfway through the tunnel you can easilly sit at 30mph - its the second half where you're stuggling to maintain 10 or 12 mph (10 is the minimum speed) and it can get a bit dodgy.
(25/09/2015 13:28)wirralbus Wrote:  It does make you wonder whether Merseyrail may not be operating there early morning services as they did in 2014 and this may be a part replacement .

Latest word around work is the early morning Merseyrail trains WILL be running in late November/ December as well as a limited service on Boxing Day.
(09/10/2015 14:50)ls1911 Wrote:  Latest word around work is the early morning Merseyrail trains WILL be running in late November/ December as well as a limited service on Boxing Day.

It doesn't make sense to run the 1 as a nightbus then really, does it? If the trains run out on the Chester line, I'd guess most people would use that. A night bus would be better use on the 472 route.
(09/10/2015 14:53)Enviro400 Wrote:  It doesn't make sense to run the 1 as a nightbus then really, does it? If the trains run out on the Chester line, I'd guess most people would use that. A night bus would be better use on the 472 route.

Assuming that the service to Southport will also run, that means that the residents of Waterloo will be spoilt for choice again with both a night bus and train service whilst other areas are devoid of any service at all. Again, a lack of joined-up thinking by Merseytravel and Merseyrail.
The thing is if its the same as last year not all stations where operated to on the Merseyrail additional late services and the parallel bus services filled the gaps .

I suspect that there will be letters of complaint going in again from people who don't get a night service .

Don't forget merseyrail didn't use all there lines last year , I wonder whether its the same basis again.
(09/10/2015 15:20)wirralbus Wrote:  The thing is if its the same as last year not all stations where operated to on the Merseyrail additional late services and the parallel bus services filled the gaps .

I suspect that there will be letters of complaint going in again from people who don't get a night service .

Don't forget merseyrail didn't use all there lines last year , I wonder whether its the same basis again.

From what I've heard yes, one limited stop train to Southport and one to Hooton.
Boxing Day wise they're hoping to have a daytime hourly limited stop service to Southport, Liverpool South Parkway, Ormskirk, Kirby, West Kirby, New Brighton and Rock Ferry possibly Hooton
By way of an unfair comparison, I used a night bus (N24) in Madrid last night. It cost me 1 euro for a six-mile journey and I was able to use the pre-paid multi-journey ticket that I had bought on Tuesday. All the night buses here depart from the same location and, despite there being hundreds of inebriated young people milling around, there was no sign of any loaders/security. Along the route the service stopped and picked up many more passengers. In essence the night buses here are simply seen as an extension of the day services.

User(s) browsing this thread: