Current time: 24/04/2024, 01:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool Night Buses Christmas 2015
Liverpool Night Buses Christmas 2015
Arriva and Stagecoach are to run Night Buses again this year, This year the 1 Chester - Liverpool is included as well, It also looks like Arriva Services will depart from Elliott Street instead of Queen Square, I don't think that's a good idea

PC0001141/505 - ARRIVA MERSEYSIDE LTD, 73 ORMSKIRK ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L9 5AE
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Liverpool, Elliot Street
Finish Point: Page Moss
Via:
Service Number: N10
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 28-NOV-2015
Other Details: Night Bus Service Operating 28th November, 5th,12th & 19th December 2015 only

3. PC0001141/506 - ARRIVA MERSEYSIDE LTD, 73 ORMSKIRK ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L9 5AE
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Liverpool,Elliot Street
Finish Point: Coxteth, Willow Way.
Via:
Service Number: N14
Other Details: Night Bus Service Opertating 28th November,5th.12th & 19th December 2015 only

4. PC0001141/507 - ARRIVA MERSEYSIDE LTD, 73 ORMSKIRK ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L9 5AE
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Liverpool,Elliot Street.
Finish Point: Waterloo
Via:
Service Number: N53
Other Details: Night Bus Service Operating 28th November,5th,12th & 19th December 2015 Only

5. PC1033334/360 - GLENVALE TRANSPORT LTD T/A STAGECOACH MERSEYSIDE, GILMOSS DEPOT, EAST LANCASHIRE ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L11 0BB
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Chester
Finish Point: Liverpool
Via:
Service Number: 1
Other Details: Operates Saturday night/Sunday morning 28th November 2015, 5th, 12th and 19th December 2015 only.

6. PC1033334/361 - GLENVALE TRANSPORT LTD T/A STAGECOACH MERSEYSIDE, GILMOSS DEPOT, EAST LANCASHIRE ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L11 0BB
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Queen Square
Finish Point: Garston
Via:
Service Number: N82
Other Details: Operates Saturday night/Sunday morning 28th November 2015, 5th, 12th and 19th December 2015

7. PC1033334/362 - GLENVALE TRANSPORT LTD T/A STAGECOACH MERSEYSIDE, GILMOSS DEPOT, EAST LANCASHIRE ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L11 0BB
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Queen Square
Finish Point: Allerton
Via:
Service Number: N86
Other Details: Operates Saturday night/Sunday morning 28th November 2015, 5th, 12th and 19th December 2015

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Liverpool Night Buses Crimbo 2015
Isn't it interesting that Stagecoach are running the 1 all the way through Chester - Liverpool but Arriva are only running the 10 (or N10) as far as Page Moss - are people in St Helens not deserving of a night service from Liverpool.
Find all posts by this user
Looking at VOSA again it seems that the services that normally run from Queen Square will be starting from Elliott Street and Services that normally serve Elliott Street will be starting from Queen Square, Where is the common sense in that.... I also wonder if services will run both ways as last year only the 86 ran both ways

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(25/09/2015 09:28)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Isn't it interesting that Stagecoach are running the 1 all the way through Chester - Liverpool but Arriva are only running the 10 (or N10) as far as Page Moss - are people in St Helens not deserving of a night service from Liverpool.

It does make you wonder whether Merseyrail may not be operating there early morning services as they did in 2014 and this may be a part replacement .
If they don't run in both directions, and don't use the normal start points, then the services are destined to fail. Customers want consistency and normal service - they don't want to, and shouldn't have to look at the timetables online, and perhaps even Google Maps the start-points for a service they use everyday without issue.

I believe that this was in large part one of the major factors which led to the demise of the cross-river services.
Actually, thinking about - all routes should probably start from Liverpool One Bus Station, with routes that normally start elsewhere extrapolated back (ie 1/N53/N14 etc via The Strand, James Street, Cook Street/Lord Street, Victoria Street, Sir Thomas Street then on their normal respective routes). At this time of day, the route times will only need to be extended by 5 minutes. Passenger numbers may be thin on the ground for these sections, but this way layovers can all happen in a 'proper' place, with facilities for drivers, and a larger area of the nightlife quarter is being covered. For the N86 and N82 I imagine that running out of Liverpool One would only help the cause given that this is the normal route.
(25/09/2015 09:32)T42 PVM Wrote:  Looking at VOSA again it seems that the services that normally run from Queen Square will be starting from Elliott Street and Services that normally serve Elliott Street will be starting from Queen Square, Where is the common sense in that....

We're talking Arriva and Stagecoach here.
They don't do common sense.
Wink
(25/09/2015 15:05)mathias Wrote:  We're talking Arriva and Stagecoach here.
They don't do common sense.
Wink

The limited number of registrations is disappointing but before I make any comment, can anyone confirm that these are totally commercial services and that they are not receiving any subsidy from Merseytravel?
Last years had some outside funding and weren't commercial so im sure its going to be the same this time round .
That 1 service just doesn't make sense

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)