Current time: 17/05/2024, 02:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
(31/08/2015 22:07)FC Pictures Wrote:  Some of the Pulsars transferred away from North West would have been useful at Runcorn, which in turn could have released the Cadets to push out old stock at other depots

Never quite got that one myself, most of them where displaced by deckers which is fair enough, but the displaced buses could have provided more capacity at depots where deckers can't operate (Runcorn). I'm intrigued about what might replace the Cadets five or so years down the line.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(31/08/2015 23:03)Lynx Wrote:  Never quite got that one myself, most of them where displaced by deckers which is fair enough, but the displaced buses could have provided more capacity at depots where deckers can't operate (Runcorn). I'm intrigued about what might replace the Cadets five or so years down the line.

The first batch of Enviro400s were originally due to be delivered to other Arriva divisions but they were delivered to the North West in exchange for similarly aged saloons. Hopefully Runcorn receives some larger vehicles for the 79C and 82A as I think the Cadets are far too small for both of those routes
2580 and 3138 are both on 79c this afternoon.
2432 is currently on the 82A
Why are Runcorn always short of buses? There always seems to be at least 1 bus on loan at any time.
(06/09/2015 20:45)jcksmnr Wrote:  Why are Runcorn always short of buses? There always seems to be at least 1 bus on loan at any time.

There is a quite a few buses away being refurbished at the moment, some of the X1 Pulsars are away and I heard there is also another cadet undergoing p&p. I think one of the main contributing factors in Runcorn gaining uses on loan is due to relying on a large fleet of cadets, notoriously unreliable buses, especially over the summer period when reliability is at its worst (something me and a few other people have noticed).
There is always a gas bus at MAN as well being worked on plus as its been said the cadets are reaching the end of their useful life. Most have had numerous engines gearboxes and other various items
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2580 is still here, on the 79c this afternoon.
How many Cadets are now left in the old livery here?
Of the top of my head 5, 2524 and 2538 have not long come back from p&p.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)