Current time: 19/04/2024, 10:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Im almost certain that when confirmed a new order for vehicles will come for these park and ride services .

Stagecoach are a company that will look at environmental concerns and could this be the time for hybrid vehicles to be used or even full electric vehicles .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Possibly ADL E350H as these have been trialled earlier on in the year! hopefully a new livery as well

(26/08/2015 15:33)wirralbus Wrote:  Im almost certain that when confirmed a new order for vehicles will come for these park and ride services .

Stagecoach are a company that will look at environmental concerns and could this be the time for hybrid vehicles to be used or even full electric vehicles .

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Of all the Chester Park and Ride Sites , the best for passenger facilities is Wrexham Road , which I think was the last one to be built , the others are little more than bus waiting shelters in a car park , unfortunately I think that side is not done done by the operators but by the council .

The vehicles that they use at the moment on the work are alright but I think passengers whom are leaving there car behind to use public transport do need to have that little incentive of a little bit of luxury.
It's £2 per person on the park & rides, which is cheaper than the equivalent stage carriage fares. Parking in Chester can be pricy & £5 for all day parking is probably as good as it gets near to the city centre.

This is ok for individuals who are working in Chester all day, but expensive for families.
The only other cheap way of parking in Chester is if you are shopping in tesco and get so many free depending on how much you spend.
Under 16s are actually free so its quite reasonable for families
Trying to find A- a cheap space and b- an available space in Chester city isn't worth the effort!

I personally park at Upton and get the PR in, and at £4 for both of us, it works out cheaper and is at least a guaranteed space.

I am no longer active on this forum.
My take of the four sites is that Boughton and Wrexham Road have the most available spaces .

Sealand Road the buses can get stuck in the traffic on Sealand Road and associated Retail area meaning awkward gaps in the service .

Chester Zoo Park & Ride every time I have used this site the site has been quite busy , im led to believe at busy times that the overflow is accommodated using the zoo overflow car park.
17111/3 have returned

I am no longer active on this forum.
http://m.chesterstandard.co.uk/mobile/mn...cheme.aspx

Some park and ride update

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)