Current time: 19/04/2024, 09:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
Official details of the changes from 1st September:
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/news/...ember-2015

Note that two 46's per weekday will operate through Antrobus, that is one towards Northwich in the morning and one towards Warrington in the evening.
The 30(B)/32A timetable still shows the number '31' on the front, but the text on the said page confirms that this service is being withdrawn.

From the VOSA thread, a further variation to the 8(A)/9 has been registered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/08/2015 20:25)Dentonian Wrote:  if single fares aren't that bad

You may disagree, but I think single fares are bad.
I have not had the misfortune to need to buy one yet, but it used to cost £2.50 for a single into town from where I live, a journey less than 3 miles; it will now cost something between £2.60 and £2.80 inclusive.
I tend to travel into Liverpool more than Warrington now as it costs £3.00 on Arriva for a single for a journey over 5 times the length! (16 miles)
(14/08/2015 21:10)Valandil Wrote:  You may disagree, but I think single fares are bad.
I have not had the misfortune to need to buy one yet, but it used to cost £2.50 for a single into town from where I live, a journey less than 3 miles; it will now cost something between £2.60 and £2.80 inclusive.
I tend to travel into Liverpool more than Warrington now as it costs £3.00 on Arriva for a single for a journey over 5 times the length! (16 miles)

But if you used Arriva in St. Helens, the minimum fare is £2.20, even for travelling just one or two stops. By that standard, Warrington fares are no excessive - it just seems that way for those who remember fares costing about 2d. per mile.
(14/08/2015 21:51)Bevan Price Wrote:  But if you used Arriva in St. Helens, the minimum fare is £2.20, even for travelling just one or two stops.

That is pretty shocking.
So glad my two legs still work!
But within warrington boundries arrivas fares is only £1.70 and £2.20.
Yeah Arriva Sh are pretty extortionate Skem used to be 10p cheaper to the same Stop on the Ormskirk road Corridor! was £1.40 with Skem and £1.50 with SH i find myself walking to the stag these days just to avoid the 352 these days

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Journeys that were £2.50 are now £2.70. Journeys that were £2.30 are now £2.40 so all in all it's not exactly a price 'hike' like the Guardian states...
(15/08/2015 07:43)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Journeys that were £2.50 are now £2.70. Journeys that were £2.30 are now £2.40 so all in all it's not exactly a price 'hike' like the Guardian states...

I do agree that single fares aren't as bad value as most of the other tickets.
Yet an 8% increase on what used to be the £2.50 fare is still well above inflation.
(15/08/2015 09:01)Valandil Wrote:  I do agree that single fares aren't as bad value as most of the other tickets.
Yet an 8% increase on what used to be the £2.50 fare is still well above inflation.

It all depends where the single fares quoted get you in terms of length.

Yet again RS's comments amuse me. A 10/20p increase might not be a hike as let's not forget they hiked fares up last year around the time they dumped their Facebook and twitter accounts because of the deludge of complaints from angry passengers.
I see to remember one lady claiming (last year) that it was cheaper to send her 3 kids to school in a taxi than go by bus.

If as RS claims single fares are still reasonable why are the weekly tickets so expensive given the small network that they cover?
I'd say if you were travelling to Leigh and back or Altrincham and back from Warrington is £25 really that expensive? It would cost me a damn sight more in petrol and parking if I was doing it 5/6 days a week...

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)