Current time: 20/04/2024, 12:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
What thing that does annoy me with other companies mainly Halton and Arriva is the persistence of the drivers when reversing to reverse whilst turning into the other bays. It's ridiculous and has caused a number of accidents. I don't see why they can't just reverse back in a straight line, cross the second red marker then pull away, surely the drivers are told of this when doing the training?
[Quote/]
But the same could be said about network warrington drivers as when buses are reversing out they just drive straight across the back of you cause the reversing bus to brake harshly so the same would go with NW drivers training as reversing veichles get priority but they take no notice but its not all of them that do it just the minority.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yeah again it's a pet hate of mine when your reversing and drivers don't wait as they should do,,it's not an issue if you have literally just started to move off the bay but when your making good progress reversing its common sense for any vehicle to stop and allow you to reverse.
(09/08/2015 19:51)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Yeah again it's a pet hate of mine when your reversing and drivers don't wait as they should do,,it's not an issue if you have literally just started to move off the bay but when your making good progress reversing its common sense for any vehicle to stop and allow you to reverse.

And its just the small minority that cause the accidents and don't follow and adhere to terms and conditions of use of the bus station but all bus stations are the same these days.
(09/08/2015 19:08)Katie Wrote:  No problem. 16A's from 1st September as follows: from Warrington Interchange 07.18, 07.45 and then every thirty minutes until 16.13 and then 16.38, 17.18 and last trip 17.48. From Dallam 07.33 and every thirty minutes until 09.03 thereafter 9.32 and every 30 minutes until 15.02 then 15.31, 16.00 hours 16.32 and then every 30 minutes until 18.03 (last one). All these are Monday to Friday, Saturday from Warrington interchange, 9.18, 9.48, 10.15, and then every 30 minutes until 14.43 then 15.18 and every 30 minutes until the last service at 17.38. From Dallam 10.03, 10.32 and then every thirty minutes until 15.33 and then 15 minutes again until the last one at 18.03. Of course there are no Sunday services on the 16A but the number 16 runs every hour from the interchange commencing 9.45 to 16.45 and from Dallam 9.58 to 16.58. I hope this is of some use to you.

(09/08/2015 18:53)mtl97 Wrote:  Traveline north west website has the new times for 46 route

Thanks both.
The 16A will be starting off quite late on Saturdays Confused

I've had a further look on Traveline and in a rather interesting move it seems that the 10C is being extended to Stretton and Appleton Thorn and will be interworking with the 8 to provide a half-hourly service to Appleton Thorn!
I may be wrong, but it looks like they will interwork with the 5, 35 and 46 too, in this pattern: 8 [31 WA - 49 AT] → 10C [52 AT - 32 WA] → 10C [40 WA - 20 AT] → 8 [23 AT - 44 WA] → 35 [50 WA - 45 AM] → 5 [54 AM - 55 WA] → 46 [00 WA - 04 WM] → 46 [04 WM - 15 WA] → 5 [20 WA - 22 AM] → 35 [26 AM - 25 WA]
WA means Warrington, AT Appleton Thorn, AM Altrincham, WM Wincham.
I believe a 10A is registered too?
(09/08/2015 20:22)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  I believe a 10A is registered too?

The 10A used to run peak-only to Dudlows Green in the days when the 10C only went as far as Stockton Heath.
As far as I know it isn't being resurrected but is just kept on the VOSA registration -- same story with the 7A which used to go to Dudlows Green but is still on VOSA.

Can't see any sign of the 31 on Traveline Confused
Since the 10C will interwork with other things and the 11A/12A look to be just interworking with each other, it looks like it's been taken out of the equation.
Iv heard the 32 is making a return as well?
(09/08/2015 21:05)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Iv heard the 32 is making a return as well?

It would be an interesting thing to do, and I can't see any info on Traveline suggesting it.
But in general it would be nice to have route 'numbers' without letters on for the main routes, the examples that come to mind being 4A, 10C and 32A.
In each case I know why the letter is there, but would much prefer if it weren't!
(09/08/2015 19:41)Dentonian Wrote:  14 minutes is excessive. Could the 16 leave a couple of minutes later and take stand time at the Hospital? Is there a lay-by there?
The reason for their timings is to run just ahead of Network Warrington, whose 16(A) and 45 are not co-ordinated.
I don't think there is a lay-by at the Hospital.
There is a layby at the hospital Valanfi..

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)