Current time: 18/04/2024, 23:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
(09/08/2015 16:58)Valandil Wrote:  It may be that a moderator has to approve new members' posts.

Welcome to the forum. You have posted successfully, and that's about all there is to it!

Just wondering how you managed to obtain the 46's new timetable, and do you know if any other new timetables are available?

I have to say that the replies I have had from Network Warrington's Operations Manager have been very courteous, well-written and considered.
Having said that, the response I had from the 'Travel Shop' address one time wasn't nearly so insightful and didn't really answer the question asked.

I'm sure generally complaints and query's do get answered but it was alledged last year when the prices were increased that emails regarding the fare rises were never replied to and when contacted by phone you were told that a manager would call back in 24 hours yet never did and obviously we all area aware that they closed thier Facebook and twitter accounts following the backlash.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/08/2015 17:17)Mayneway Wrote:  I don't know. All I know is that a post earlier this year on the Fairbrothers own Facebook page by the owner implied that he was finding it difficult to get help from Warrington council in terms of using the bus station for new services etc.

In my opinion the Warrington Interchange has never been quite big enough to accommodate the buses using it and I am sure other people apart from myself have noticed them having to wait to come into the bus station and parking in Winwick Street/Scotland Road until it is time for them to depart.
(09/08/2015 17:28)Katie Wrote:  In my opinion the Warrington Interchange has never been quite big enough to accommodate the buses using it and I am sure other people apart from myself have noticed them having to wait to come into the bus station and parking in Winwick Street/Scotland Road until it is time for them to depart.

That's the same in all bus stations. Buses come in, alight then go onto layover until 5 mins before they depart when they go back to the stand.

Warrington bus station isn't that small.
It would be fine if network warrington buses didnt get left on the stand and the wrong stands at that as plenty of times ive been in there and stands 6-7 have no NW buses run off there but they still park and leave the buses on them stands.
(09/08/2015 17:31)Mayneway Wrote:  That's the same in all bus stations. Buses come in, alight then go onto layover until 5 mins before they depart when they go back to the stand.

Warrington bus station isn't that small.

It is certainly not as big as the previous bus station in Golborne Street.
(09/08/2015 17:36)motormayhem1 Wrote:  It would be fine if network warrington buses didnt get left on the stand and the wrong stands at that as plenty of times ive been in there and stands 6-7 have no NW buses run off there but they still park and leave the buses on them stands.

With respect I think you are nit picking and if I were to be the same i.e. GHA Coaches will sometimes park in the bay reserved for the Northwich bus up to 15 minutes before it departs. My husband and I use the bus station several times a day and certainly, if there is a problem, it is one which all the bus companies contribute to not just Network Warrington. It may appear that they do because of course they run more buses from the Interchange than anyone else.
(09/08/2015 17:42)Katie Wrote:  It is certainly not as big as the previous bus station in Golborne Street.

But surly it's there to serve all bus services that wish to use it and not just the services of Network Warrington.
If say Arriva (purely for example) came along and registered on all current network Warrington services are you saying it's perfectly ok for the council to refuse them permission to use the bus station in order to protect their own services??
(09/08/2015 17:45)Katie Wrote:  With respect I think you are nit picking and if I were to be the same i.e. GHA Coaches will sometimes park in the bay reserved for the Northwich bus up to 15 minutes before it departs. My husband and I use the bus station several times a day and certainly, if there is a problem, it is one which all the bus companies contribute to not just Network Warrington. It may appear that they do because of course they run more buses from the Interchange than anyone else.

Im not nit picking as i drive for arriva doing the 329/360 services and use to work out of runcorn doing the 110/X30 and 50% of the time NW buses have been parked on stands 6/7 as i could understand if there services went from them stands but no NW services operate from them stands but yet they leave buses parked on there for 10 mins at a time with no driver on them and yet makes us pick up from a different stand and then we get beeped at and get funny looks of NW drivers as we have brought it to the councils attention numerous times and nothing gets done about it.
(09/08/2015 18:06)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Im not nit picking as i drive for arriva doing the 329/360 services and use to work out of runcorn doing the 110/X30 and 50% of the time NW buses have been parked on stands 6/7 as i could understand if there services went from them stands but no NW services operate from them stands but yet they leave buses parked on there for 10 mins at a time with no driver on them and yet makes us pick up from a different stand and then we get beeped at and get funny looks of NW drivers as we have brought it to the councils attention numerous times and nothing gets done about it.

Have to say that I have noticed this too.
A while back some notices appeared on some stands saying something like 'Layover must be taken in layover bays not departure bays.' This doesn't seem to have solved the problem, but from what I have seen the situation isn't as bad as it used to be (though your word counts for far more than mine as you'll have seen the situation there more than me).
(09/08/2015 17:25)Katie Wrote:  Many thanks for allowing me to join the forum.

My husband obtained copies of the 46 and 16/16A timetables commencing the 1st September two or three weeks ago from Network Warrington. No doubt they will be on the NW website within the next week or so and available in the travel shop at the interchange. As previously mentioned my husband and I have always found Network Warrington very approachable unlike some other operators operating out of Warrington.

I would really appreciate an insight into the new 16(A) timetable.
Is it just the Monday to Saturday daytime times which are changing, with frequency staying the same, and no changes to the evening and Sunday times?

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)