Current time: 19/04/2024, 15:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(23/06/2015 18:03)chester285 Wrote:  I cannot see the residents of Neston being to happy, Given that Stagecoach got shot of Avon, and now they are withdrawing the service, going to leave the residents without a service

That's Stagecoach for you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(20/06/2015 13:49)wirralbus Wrote:  Stagecoach management is not like First's Management .

Thank God for that!
What are the loadings like on the X22 and does the route carry a lot of concessionary passes ?
The X22 does load reasonably well, but it's thin pickings on parts of the route. The problem is that you either run a service via Willaston, with more potential but at the cost of using another vehicle, or operate as the present service does with 2 buses but missing one day of the larger population centres.

I would expect that there are quite a few concessionary pass holders that use the service which will affect the bottom line also.

I wonder if there will be any changes to the 38 as a result of this move?
Would Neston to Chester via Willaston need the same amount of vehicles as the present Heswall - Chester.
(24/06/2015 07:15)wirralbus Wrote:  Would Neston to Chester via Willaston need the same amount of vehicles as the present Heswall - Chester.

I expect you could probably do that with 2 vehicles, but that does leave a gap between Neston & Heswall that's not going to be eay to fill (unless the 38 was extended south but that would need an extra vehicle).

I wonder if GHA may have a go for this route - almost every other local operator has had a crack at it over the last few years..!!
Helms may cover it or 38 may get extended to Chester who knows sure all be revealed soon
There is certainly a need for a bus service between Heswall & Chester. The problem arises in how to operate such a service effectively, whilst serving the main population centres. Given the local geography, it's not an easy thing to do.

In Crosville days, we had two separate services each running two hourly, that covered most of the ground between them. Successive changes have sought to operate these services on an ever thinner shoestring & we've now got to the point where the three main operators have tried to run commercial services with little success. The trouble is that whilst the route probably makes some money, it's nowhere near enough for the bigger players with shareholders to satisfy.

Helms could be another contender as is Avon, but I can't think of too many other contenders.
I've heard Avon are looking into reinstating the 22/24.

I am no longer active on this forum.
The Chester - Heswall service just sounds like a game now .

First , then Arriva and now Stagecoach seem to look at it for a while but no one really likes the look at the returns .

Stagecoach made the cardinal sin of splitting West Kirby - Heswall from the service to Chester , having been on a service X22 that just failed to connect with 38 , you can see how passengers will just go via another route at West Kirby (merseyrail) if that happens too often

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)