Current time: 26/04/2024, 14:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Just a guess but I assume its for use on that morning x8 journey which then interworks as a 2

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Its back at Gillmoss so must of only been an emergency loan.
Does anyone know what caused the long delays on service X8 this evening? I drove through the Queensway tunnel at 19:15 & noted four northbound X8 services going the other way. Three of them were pretty much together with the fourth just entering at the Birkenhead end. Problems on the M53 or at Cheshire Oaks again?
(12/06/2015 19:16)Turbostar Wrote:  Does anyone know what caused the long delays on service X8 this evening? I drove through the Queensway tunnel at 19:15 & noted four northbound X8 services going the other way. Three of them were pretty much together with the fourth just entering at the Birkenhead end. Problems on the M53 or at Cheshire Oaks again?

It's all due to the Incident on the M56. There was traffic caos across the area, queues on the M53 from The junction with the A41, and on the other side to the Posthouse roundabout. Qeues all the way to the A494 in Queensferry. Lot of traffic tried to divert through Ellesmere sport which caused major tailbacks next to the Oaks

Trust me it took an hour to get from the Oaks to the Welsh Border going the other way
Major incident on the M56 (involved the air ambulance landing) somewhere around the M53 junction, so presumably the traffic affected the M53 as well.
(12/06/2015 19:35)mbonwick Wrote:  Major incident on the M56 (involved the air ambulance landing) somewhere around the M53 junction, so presumably the traffic affected the M53 as well.

Thanks for this
I have been informed that it was a jackknifed lorry
Lorry overturned,queues still on the M56 after 8pm.It was congested everywhere you went.
Accidents on the the Frodsham Marshes seem to have major problems to the M56 / M53 / A5117. The X8 running along the Motorway network is always going to come in to conflict if there is ever an accident and the traffic builds up badly.
(13/06/2015 08:09)wirralbus Wrote:  Accidents on the the Frodsham Marshes seem to have major problems to the M56 / M53 / A5117. The X8 running along the Motorway network is always going to come in to conflict if there is ever an accident and the traffic builds up badly.

Wrong thread I know but related to Motorway problems yesterday
The Arriva X30 due to leave Warrington at 17.15 was passed heading towards Warrington at Halton Lea (Shopping City) at 19.18
The last X30 due to leave Warrington at 18.20 was passed heading towards Warrington leaving Frodsham at 19.48
Arriva Runcorn sent out a bus to pick up passengers waiting for both the 17.15 and 18.20 at Warrington at 18.52 but by this time there were only three of us there. All credit to the driver, despite traffic through Frodsham and Helsby and a lack of any further passengers it got to Chester around 20.15.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)