Current time: 12/08/2020, 14:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Having seen the new X8 timetable, I can possibly understand why the last turn off Chester has been withdrawn, but I can't see the logic of pulling the second northbound service? That it obviously runs empty to Liverpool to take up what was the return diagram makes it even more puzzling.

I use this service to get to work & if I were still working in Bootle, it would cause me major inconvenience. Thankfully, I am starting a new job in Liverpool so it's not as big a problem, but the change does restrict my options. Grr...!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Could it not be that Rock Ferry will do the first X8 from Liverpool to Chester and the Bus will then go onto the 1/2? as that would be less dead running and would make more sense

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest visit The 2002 Bus Blog Last Update 09/03/20
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regular!
Follow me on Twitter @The2002BusGroup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
On another note i managed to get 24132 on the 1 today for anyone thats following it

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest visit The 2002 Bus Blog Last Update 09/03/20
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regular!
Follow me on Twitter @The2002BusGroup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(23/05/2015 23:51)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Could it not be that Rock Ferry will do the first X8 from Liverpool to Chester and the Bus will then go onto the 1/2? as that would be less dead running and would make more sense

Is this a case of getting rid of journeys where there is a drop in the profit margin , or is this still a case of experimenting with this service.
Ex-First / Stagecoach Olympian Royale 16238 S662NUG at PVS Barnsley for scrapped. Engine/ Gearbox unit and rear Axle is gone now.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/61188429@N06/17417989943/
Credit by Stan-Butler.
Engine and drivetrain were removed months ago by Morecambe before it went for scrap...
18151 and 28544 are on 38A, while 19070 is on the 41/2.

Only 3 tridents in the depot today along with 19060, so the remaining 3 trident and Enviro400s are all playing out.

Nice interesting allocations today while the 3 queens are playing!

I am no longer active on this forum.
This evening at Bromborough I followed towards Birkenhead two service 1's . One full and one half full , have Rock Ferry been providing duplicates for some journeys today on the service 1
Double decks on the 41/42 with decent loads - nice to see for a change
(25/05/2015 18:51)wirralbus Wrote:  This evening at Bromborough I followed towards Birkenhead two service 1's . One full and one half full , have Rock Ferry been providing duplicates for some journeys today on the service 1

They have, buses added in where required on all routes.

I am no longer active on this forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)