Current time: 19/04/2024, 18:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(16/03/2015 11:44)bolton bus basher Wrote:  According to my mate who works at Chorley Depot the Deckers are getting a refurb later in the year and are staying with them, I know someone did post somewhere that the Deckers would be getting split between Chester, Gillmoss and Preston but according to him this is not the case

Assuming that Chorley are still to receive new vehicles for Preston-Bolton, what exactly are they going to use 20-odd refurbished Scanias on? Or are you saying that the new vehicle order has been cancelled?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/03/2015 10:55)mbonwick Wrote:  If previous years are anything to go by, will be more like November when/if the new vehicles for Chorley arrive - Scania based vehicles always seem to be towards the back end of the year.

Be nice if premium Scania N230UD deckers were eventually put onto this route.
X8 is turning-out to be a big success, with 130,000 customers in just six months!

From Liverpool & Sefton Chambers of Commerce website....
http://www.liverpoolchamber.org.uk/artic.../show/4879

"We're gonna need a bigger bus..."
(16/03/2015 15:46)mathias Wrote:  Be nice if premium Scania N230UD deckers were eventually put onto this route.
X8 is turning-out to be a big success, with 130,000 customers in just six months!

From Liverpool & Sefton Chambers of Commerce website....
http://www.liverpoolchamber.org.uk/artic.../show/4879

"We're gonna need a bigger bus..."

Well this article scotches the rumour that Stagecoach were preparing to pull this route. The detail we don't know, and probably will never know, is how profitable the route is at the moment. My understanding is that Stagecoach only continue with routes that provide a minimum profit margin of 15%.
There is a rumour that Stagecoach MCSL are investing in new deckers this year, for what depots is unknown. Got a feeling Gillmoss will get some for the 20/21 though. If the X8 is profitable enough then Chester could see some new deckers.
GM only getting more Enviro300s as far as I know. Wouldn't be surprised if any vehicles for the former First operations went to Rock Ferry for the 1/2 as the Scanias/B7RLEs on there are oldest on QBP routes.

Stagecoach are willing to take financial losses if there is a positive outlook - Megabus Europe is projected to lose £5m in the year to April, and a further £1-2m next year - but clearly it's seeing huge expansion.
[quote='mbonwick' pid='71830' dateline='1426533316']
GM only getting more Enviro300s as far as I know. Wouldn't be surprised if any vehicles for the former First operations went to Rock Ferry for the 1/2 as the Scanias/B7RLEs on there are oldest on QBP routes.

Stagecoach are willing to take financial losses if there is a positive outlook - Megabus Europe is projected to lose £5m in the year to April, and a further £1-2m next year - but clearly it's seeing huge expansion.
[/quote

Deep pockets are indeed needed when setting up new a business venture and you have to be prepared to take a loss, initially. Totally off topic, when Rupert Murdoch first set up Sky TV he was losing an eye-watering £10million PER WEEK!
(16/03/2015 11:53)enrag2000 Wrote:  Assuming that Chorley are still to receive new vehicles for Preston-Bolton, what exactly are they going to use 20-odd refurbished Scanias on? Or are you saying that the new vehicle order has been cancelled?

According to my mate and someone on Rail Forum UK there never was any Deckers on order for Chorley, it was just idle Gossip

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28542 is presently on X8 working one way to Chester,running back light,to help out with services
being up the wall after a RTA earlier on

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Stagecoach have also released an X8 radio ad on Juice FM too...
https://soundcloud.com/raegankrista/stag...the-x8-bus

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(17/03/2015 00:49)bolton bus basher Wrote:  According to my mate and someone on Rail Forum UK there never was any Deckers on order for Chorley, it was just idle Gossip

That was in reference to vehicles appearing last year.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)