Current time: 19/04/2024, 23:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
The peak services are supposed to go on to the A41 at the matalan but drivers refuse to as you have to enter the dual carriageway over both lanes, its dangerous.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Im sorry but that is a timid excuse , I have actually seen coaches do that in the morning peak , you just have to wait for a gap in the traffic .

It was also earlier this year the diversionary route for all traffic out of Bromborough due to the closure of Spital Road for gas main works , it must have passed some form of health and safety inspection because the service 1 , 2 , 41, 42 all did .
You will see it happen, you probably get the odd X8 that will still go that way, but its a lot easier and a lot less hassle to take it up Croft Ave East. As a bus driver, you make life as easy and as hassle free as you can, cars at times come round that bend far too fast and if your across the whole road, lets say with a full bus, thats a lot of lives at risk as well as the claims and even your job.
Trident LX51FML 17491 is on the 2

I am no longer active on this forum.
Is 18145 still at Rock Ferry please?

Thanks!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Volvo B10BLE W468 CRN (21119), Scania L94UB Y962 XBU (28543) and Scania L94UB YN05 WKG (28550) are all on the 38\38A this evening.
The X8 does seem to be loading better over the last few weeks. Although the peak hour turns are not exactly oversubscribed, there are some good loadings between Hoole & Ellesmere Port for the students. It's also getting more use to/from Cheshire Oaks.

Certainly doesn't seem to justify deckers just yet, but I suppose using larger vehicles could give the route a bigger profile (in more ways than one).

I'm under the impression that Stagecoach want to try and make a go of the X8 so will throw a fair bit of resource at it in the short to medium term. Hopefully, it'll work & loadings will continue to increase.
I Would be tempted to extend the X8 at the Liverpool end of the route to Bootle , I know its a thinking outside the box idea , new markets for a Chester service , remember its a long time since this area saw a bus to Chester.
(23/01/2015 12:01)gka472l Wrote:  Is 18145 still at Rock Ferry please?

Thanks!

Nope, it went back last Saturday, was a nice bus.

19070 is still here however,

I am no longer active on this forum.
(23/01/2015 23:13)R879 HRF Wrote:  Nope, it went back last Saturday, was a nice bus.

19070 is still here however,

Cheers! Shall stop looking for it to get a photo then!

Ta!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)