Current time: 03/05/2024, 01:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(07/01/2015 14:44)jimbo Wrote:  Looks like 33875 http://i3.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/in...crash1.jpg

it has been a bad day for stageccoach on moston lane today, with other single-Decker in a collision with a car at the junction with nuthurst road this evening.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
There have been quite a few crashes at that junction of nuthurst road and moston lane; cars just pull out in front of the buses
After the incidents yesterday involving 2 of Middleton's fleet how does this leave them service wise, have they got enough vehicles to cover or will they be borrowing from the Reserve fleet/another depot?
They seem to be doing okay today
(04/01/2015 01:24)Mayneway Wrote:  To be fair Stagecoach seem to be rolling out Wifi on all buses anyway - most of Ashton's Enviro400's now have Wifi so it's not just for Magic Enviro's.
It's interesting how the concept of Magic Buses has evolved over the years. It was for many years labeled the low cost arm of Stagecoach Manchester - using older vehicles in a no frills blue livery offering cheaper fares than standard stagecoach services. Yet we seemed to have gone full circle where depending which way you look at, when 30 Pressumably 08 reg Enviro400's become Magic buses the 142/143 will see younger vehicles on average than my local service the 168/169. Today being no exception with both 17002 and another from the same batch both passing me within 15 mins of each other.

Getting back to the First debate though. Do most people even realise they are travelling on brand new 14 plate Enviro400's?? I very much doubt it. Infact cynics like me will roll thier eyes and compare Firsts many years of underinvestment in the fleets of depots such as Dukinfield when a steady stream of brand new vehicles rolled into Rusholme virtually overnight.

You mention how routes 168 and 169 will now have older buses than MagicBus. As these are rare examples of Stagecoach Manchester routes serving the centre of neither Manchester nor Stockport, these may be the lowest priority for modern double-deckers.
(10/01/2015 23:03)Metroline1511 Wrote:  You mention how routes 168 and 169 will now have older buses than MagicBus. As these are rare examples of Stagecoach Manchester routes serving the centre of neither Manchester nor Stockport, these may be the lowest priority for modern double-deckers.

I think you've hit the nail on the head although Stagecoach would never admit that but it certainly feels like it's low priority for them although you can get a good mix of older tridents and younger Enviro400's, the S###BWC Tridents must spend most of there time on 168/169's.

Yesterday (Saturday) being no exception. I'm assuming stagecoach were doing either rail or Metrolink replacement work as most daytime workings yesterday were worked by the dual door Magic Tridents complete with 141 branding.
Why they carnt use the Tridents on thier replacement work I don't know.
(11/01/2015 07:58)Mayneway Wrote:  I think you've hit the nail on the head although Stagecoach would never admit that but it certainly feels like it's low priority for them although you can get a good mix of older tridents and younger Enviro400's, the S###BWC Tridents must spend most of there time on 168/169's.

Yesterday (Saturday) being no exception. I'm assuming stagecoach were doing either rail or Metrolink replacement work as most daytime workings yesterday were worked by the dual door Magic Tridents complete with 141 branding.
Why they carnt use the Tridents on thier replacement work I don't know.

The answer is surprisingly simple. Work it out...
(11/01/2015 08:28)R971XVM Wrote:  The answer is surprisingly simple. Work it out...

I would imagine it could be a contractual obligation to use vehicles in corp livery possibly? Although in the past I'm sure I've seen the odd Magic Trident on Metrolink replacement work.
17010, 17493 and 17567 are on holiday to their native land of London...
17002/11 should be joining them.
(11/01/2015 11:59)Dentonian Wrote:  Can you expand on this? 17493/567 have just been repainted into corporate livery, whilst the absence of the S-regs will add to HE's vehicle shortage.

There on short term loan to West Ham depot due to extra service requirements I've been told. Apparently 17002 was specially requested from staff down there as they are keen to set up some kind of line up with 17001 - which I presume is still stored there.

Dosen't seem the best move given the shortages at HE.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)