Current time: 25/04/2024, 17:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
18149 on the 1

Daniel Christopher.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Cheshire oaks absolute chaos, a few 1s stuck in there over 1 hour late so anything thrown out to make service

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Im led to believe the amount of traffic at Cheshire Oaks led to severe delays on the M53 and all surrounding roads.

There is no way that the service 1 or the X8 could be reliably relied upon to run to time today , im sure the only service that resembled there timetable was the service 2.

Traffic management at Cheshire Oaks you have to laugh , I learn to keep away at this time of the year .
(29/12/2014 19:43)wirralbus Wrote:  Im led to believe the amount of traffic at Cheshire Oaks led to severe delays on the M53 and all surrounding roads.

There is no way that the service 1 or the X8 could be reliably relied upon to run to time today , im sure the only service that resembled there timetable was the service 2.

Traffic management at Cheshire Oaks you have to laugh , I learn to keep away at this time of the year .

Stuck everywhere at Cheshire Oaks, When I left Cheshire Oaks to Great Sutton normally about 5-10mins by car but today just over hour and half. I've seen GHA route SP1, 36, Stagecoach route 1 and X8 stucked at Cheshire Oaks. I and my older daughter never see like that before. May getting worse in the future!!!
Seems like there may have to be a lessons learnt event with Cheshire Police , Cheshire West and Chester Council and McArthurGlen to see what they can do , not much if im being honest .

When traffic gets like that its a case of forget about your shopping as if you have anything that is frozen at Sainsburys will be a bag of watery mush by the time you get out.

The roundabout now needs to be removed at the junction of Cheshire Oaks and Sainsburys to be replaced with traffic lights and also the roundabout at the other end by the cinema should go.
I'll second that, I went down to the coliseum just before lunch and to be fair it wasn't that bad, however I did need to go to Sainsburys, and the roundabout is just a joke, people are that thick they cannot read the keep clear! get rid of the roundabout and that should lighten the pressure
Seems like there may have to be a lessons learnt event with Cheshire Police , Cheshire West and Chester Council and McArthurGlen to see what they can do , not much if im being honest .

When traffic gets like that its a case of forget about your shopping as if you have anything that is frozen at Sainsburys will be a bag of watery mush by the time you get out.

The roundabout now needs to be removed at the junction of Cheshire Oaks and Sainsburys to be replaced with traffic lights and also the roundabout at the other end by the cinema should go.
[/quote]

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
I also think that the bus stops are now on the wrong side of Cheshire Oaks , where the present bus stops are on a clockwise tour of Cheshire Oaks , they should be on an anti-clockwise tour , meaning the service buses enter at the most congested roundabout rather than trying to fight there way on and exit at the Coliseum Roundabout .

This time of the year must just a nightmare for allocators with buses getting stuck in gridlock anywhere there is a large amount of shops .

At one time when there was a decent amount of shops in Birkenhead it was hard work to get down Borough Road , Conway Street and Claughton Road in Birkenhead but those days have long since gone .
Well if this has caused deckers to get put on the 1 then there is going to be buses missed out at Bache station as obviously they arent going to be able to get under the bridge so will have to go down Upton Lane and come out at The Frog.
Not sure what route X8s were using to/from Cheshire Oaks yesterday afternoon/evening as I recieved a tweat from NW Motorway Police that the sliproads on M53 for Cheshire Oaks in both directions ended up being closed due to the chaos round there
(30/12/2014 00:24)Shaun821 Wrote:  Well if this has caused deckers to get put on the 1 then there is going to be buses missed out at Bache station as obviously they arent going to be able to get under the bridge so will have to go down Upton Lane and come out at The Frog.

The deckers I saw on the 1 were only running short journeys to Ellesmere Port Bus Station.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)